The Henpals Diary

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
sandy
Legendary Laner

Re: The Henpals Diary

Post by sandy »

Hello Henpals )wav(
Hello Boys +f+
First of all we are so sorry to hear Dory and Tiddly you have lost your THAA Chestnut{hug&kiss}
Tiddly you must follow my lead and take your lovely lost sister's place before a Woo gets in charge. If Dory is anything like Fay she will run with the foxes yike* and the hounds. She has been following me around everywhere when Audrey was being a lazy idle bloater but as soon as Audrey is back in action Fay is pairing up with her!
We know Wiggy is the THAA of her house( which of course is not surprising) and Rita Ped is THAA in the Ped house so if Dory gets control I am sure Fay will start getting ideas. I have not let her use our phone so she cannot get any ideas.
Capt Chaos you sound like a right hunk, all rough and ready +f+
We havent got any plans at the moment, as we do not want to upset the blackberry situation. My henpals they are delicious, we get them in a bowl and popped through the wire if we wail about the terrible hunger we are suffering when mum walks by.
So over and out for tonight henpals
Honeybun Pinkerton
The PInk Ladies
Ginger ninjas for THAA
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/

bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Captain Chaos , I am top boy of the flock as the bruiser has gone. I will have more than a few words with my girls now in peace and quite.
Captain Chaos bringing peace to the garden.....
Captain Chaos.
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Desmond .Warning to all boys , Beware of humans baring gifts of mealworms and treats. I nearly got caught with my head in the bowl. I offered Champ who sucks up to the human all the time . the offering was not taken up and even Goldie 2 was not wanted. After many abortive attempts of grabbing me ./ I got cornered and my beautiful long tail feathers got grabbed and under a smelly arm pit pushed into the smallest of cells you can imagine . I honestly thought my number was up.
I had a few chirps with Poppet who warned me to keep my rear well to the floor as anything could happen . at least I got the front seat of the fast moving thing . It seemed like ages (aged me for sure) . Bundled into a huge coop . I was taken out and I stood proud on top of my cell . So many humans touching me staring like I was a monster . Poppet was proud of me and encouraged me to strut my stuff . Again I went back in my cell and left looking at lots of no bears ,Marley`s and Darcy`s . My human took Poppet away with the no bear and came back every now and again to talk to me. I came out of cell one more time and stood on his arm and crowed good bye . To a stunned audience . My visit to the blue coated humans over . I do not understand the fear of the place as nothing happen and the attention did my feathers good and garden credit upped .
So back to coop and many enlarged tales to be told .
Desmond (decker the top boy , Asta la pasta.)
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Captain Chaos , my short spell of happiness has been ruined as Brusier is back .
Captain Chaos.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hello Henpals )wav(
Hello Boys +f+
Heavens, Desmond, Capt Chaos I think you should be seperated immediately, one of you can come and live with me. I have an enormous coop which will be big enough for the two of us when I turf out Audders.
I have not allowed Fay to have our phone recently as she seems to becoming very odd! No longer is she going upto mum, but skips away, she sits down a lot and that comb of hers is just getting silly! I think she has developed a huge crush on the Wiggy of all Woos and is begining to ' dress ' like her. Rita Ped has not taken up this infatuated famdom behaviour as far as we can see, but of course now the Bonzai Banshees have moved into OUR cube area we havent got a very good view of all things Ped!
Hmm I shall have to keep my eye on events
To the house of Penelope & Red we are so sorry to hear you have lost your bunny Marley {hug&kiss} We have never had a bunny living with us, only the odd mousie and sometimes ratties but we think we would much rather share our home with a bunny, though we do like the odd mouse or two for supper.
Honeybun Pinkerton
THAA of The Pink Ladies
Boys I thought you would like to see a piccie of me

The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi , what about me , Champ , I was a Pin Up of 2016....
Don't love me anymore and upset.
All that he / she`s fault...
I love you and would willingly keep you company.
champ
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Hello henpals, Dory Grey, Factual Investigator, reporting in )wav(

Well it has been interesting times lately henpals and that's a fact! It is also another fact - and one which I have mixed feelings about - that I am now top hen and all. My intensive factual investigation confirms what I already knew, that this is a poisoned chalice of a position. Oh sure, I get to eat all the best food first and boss Tiddly Widdly around, and I no longer have to be on terrifying-Marley-creature-watch as that job falls to the bottom hen and all, which is Tiddly. But think about it henpals - this job comes at the expense of the poor former top hen and all and I am staring down the barrel of my own mortality and that's another fact henpals!! yike*

Of course there are times when a top hen and all takes over through a bloodless coup, like Chesty did with Remie but we reckon Remie was already sick and feeling her own mortality. It's ever so worrying!

Mind you henpals, I already am proving to be a tip-top top hen and all, and I have defeated the terrifying-marley-creature many times over the past few weeks, even going as far as chasing her out of our garden!! Victory is mine!! )c(

Tiggs also has risen to the challenge and saved Mum's life from the terrifying-marley-creature today. The TMC went for mum as she was playing with her (why mum wants to do that is anyone's guess, when she has US to play with!) and Tiddly barrelled across the garden and saved mum's life before the TMC could kill her with her sharp teeth and claws! Tiggs wants to tell you of her feats of bravery herself.

Now that Tiggs has grown feathers she is getting back to her old self. In fact, she spenmds nearly as much time as me preening and that's another fact too henpals!

Well that's all from me, as I have tio get tons of beauty sleep as the only functional as in the egg-laying sense henpal in our troop, and of course being top hen and all burns up loads of calories, as does general wooing round the garden, of which I do loads as well.

Nite-nite henpals, don't let the terrifying-marley-creature bite!

Dory Grey
Factual investigator THAA
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Ello enpals, Tiddly Widdly ere now that Dory Grey as finally gotten of the ipad thingy >ch<

First off, fanks to all enpals for the comiserashuns over the loss of Chestnut, oo we still miss. It's a good job we've got enpals and gorgeous enpal unks to cheer us up in ar loneliness. Dory Grey as assoomed the position of top en an all, because to be onest I just coulden be bovvered, bein as ow I am busy bein poisoned or starved or both by mum. You see, mum as neglected our importint nutritional treats to such an hextent that all my fevvers as been fallin out!! yike* An she as been squirtin stuff in ar water, wot is obviously poisin of some sort. So now we will only drink hout of the muddy puddils in the gardin.

Luckily, bein as ow I as a cast iron constitootin, my fevvers is all grown back agen, if not even better than they was before an I even as proper wings an a tail, an proper fevvers on my ed! So wotever this poisin wot mum as been feedin us, an the absloot neglect of our treats, it asen worked.

Enpals, this is me in my full spender:

Anyway, to counteract all this nefarious poisinin and neglect of treats, we as started to grow ar own. We as pooed tomater seeds all over ar run, an they is all sproutin up nicely an should start poppin out lovely delicious tasty tomaters. Or at least they would IF Dory Grey can bring erself to stop nibblin on em! Proper delicious tomaters wot we can reach, as hopposed to the ones in the angin baskets wot mum as ung in ar run OUT OF REACH. Disgraceful torture.

I am hexpectin mum to realise the herrer of er ways after I SAVED ER LIFE today from the terrifyin marley creature wot insists on stalkin round ar gardin all day. Onestly enpals, it was touch an go whether mum would sirvive the orrifyin maulin wot she got from the marley creature, oo is terrifyin. If it wasen for me an my quick reactions and incredible bravery an eriosm, mum woulder lost a narm an a leg an maybe even an eye an everyfing! yike* Maybe even all er harms an legs!

Now I fink that she owes us treats big time, so I ave written this ere letter in poo, and the brilliant fing is that we doan even ave to pretend to kidnap Dory Grey or noffin:

Dear mrs mum

This is the League of Chikens writin bekause we ave eard about the amazin eroics of Tiddly, oo is bravery personified. We ave eard that she saved yor life an Dory Greys life an everyfing today from the terrifyin furry massive creature wiv the sharp teef an claws.

Now, the League of Chikens' word is lore, an so wotever we say, goes. An so in recergnition of Tiddly's hextreme bravery, we hereby decree that she an Dory Grey should be given as much treats as they can possibly eat every day for a year. You can leave the treats, wot should be mealworms an sunflower seeds an you can use garvos for a change, underneath the apple tree.

This is definly not Tiddly erself writin, as she is far too modest an everyfing to do that. This is entirely us League of Chikens writin, an we is a top secret organisation an you will never find us, no matter ow ard you tries. So do not blame the chikens!

Lots of love

The top secret League of Chikens

I think that is a foolproof plan, and treats will be rainin down from the apple tree for years an years!

Must go now enpals, I as a very busy day of eatin treats ahead tomorrow!

Tiddly Widdly
>eas1< Fightin the good fight in the cause of enpals an treats >eas1<
Karen
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Poppet sending meal worms and corn at the next party .Badge of honour should go to you . Collecting and secretly storing from our rations we get . (Not mine )Desmond`s and Capt. Chaos as they are to busy watching each other to notice them missing.
I have made my eye puff up so I can get to see my hero at the special place for me and my boys.
poppet
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hello Henpals )wav(
Hello Boys +f+
Just a quick post, omg Tiddly you are soooo clever, we are all hoping your ingenious note will bring you all the rewards you deserve. I cannot understand why you are not THAA, us ginger ninjas are far more suited to such an exalted role. I shudder to think of having our Woo as THAA, she is quite loony most of the time and has got even worse lately running about clucking like a mad thing.
Hiya Poppet, you lucky lucky girl living with those wonderful hunks….
Unfortunately this girlie is in the Elysian fields but we found a photo of one of our predesessors and thought she looked like a female version of Capt Chaos
Over and out for now
Honeybun Pinkerton
THAA of the Pink Ladies
Ginger Ninjas rule
>ch<

KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Ello enpals, Tiddly Widdly ere >ch<

Sorry we ave been maintainin radio silense lately but we ave been very busy wiv fevver related isshoos. Mine ave nearly all growed back now, an I look adorable. It's now Dory Grey's turn to be poisined by mum, and all er fevvers is startin to fall out. She is down to er las tail fevver, an is beside erself! Due to er distress an untidiness, she can't bring erself to post to enpals, as she sez she asen got the dignity as befits a senior rankin enpal an thaa.

I myself an me as bin a bit under the wevver lately, wot wiv Chestnut's millions of skittery itchy friends makin a visit an decidin to live in my fevvers. Cheek - I aint Air b&b! They as all gone now anyway since Mum sneaked into ar coop las night an squirted me an Dory Grey wiv noxious nefarious more poisin probly. Wot wiv the shock of everyfing lately, I laid a tiddly widdly lash.

I am spendin a lot of time sittin on mum's nees, in a hattempt to teach er the errer of er ways. Dad as lerned is lessin quite quickly, especially since a few of Chestnut's millions of friends stayed behind to press the point. The point bein, of course, that we needs more treats and we is definly deficient in the pies department.

Now, we ave a nimportant suggestion to make. We ear that Wiggy the Woo Meister is all on er own, wiv a massive bag of garvos, wich is terribly sad an everyfing. So we are packin ar bags to move in wiv Wiggy, till all her massive bag of garvos is eaten, and after we ave cheered er right up, we will move back to ar own coop an ar own massive bag of garvos. We fink this is very magnanymoos of us an noffink to do wiv the massive bag of garvos at all.

Signin out for now enpals,

Tiddly Widdly
>eas1< Still scratchin a bit >eas1<
Karen
HenPen
Longlasting Laner

Post by HenPen »

Hello Henpals, Wiggy here - although, blimey, only just - as today I was subjected to a brutal attack from a terrifying, huge, yellow adversary. I have no idea what it was, but I didn't like the look of it one little bit and I saw it off with a combination of flapping about and screeching at it, which was a very clever tactic and not in any way a sign that I was having a total panicky meltdown.

However, in other news, things have been looking up. As Tiddly has said, I have now got a whopping bag of yummy Garvos all to myself. Mum had been very remiss and had never introduced me to this stuff before and I understand this actually came from Tiddly and Dory's mum (who is one of my godmothers actually and who is clearly far more responsive to a chicken's needs than my own mum). How I could have reached this advanced age without trying such fantastic stuff is beyond me.

Now obviously, Tiddly, being on my own has its downsides from the point of view of having nobody to snuggle up to at night or scratch about with in the day, but it does definitely have its good points - not being pecked is a good one, and not having to share treats is probably the top of the list. So although it is very kind of you to offer to come to my rescue and help me out with my bag of Garvos, I have given it some thought and I believe I can cope with it on my own. Obviously if you want to come and visit after I have finished off my Garvos, that would be fine (perhaps bringing along another bag...) But a fine figure of a hen like me doesn't get this big without a considerable amount of effort in the eating department, you know - basically I have been training all this time for just this sort of thing and I know I can handle it all by myself.

Thank you again though, Tiddly, for your very kind offer. I know I can always count on the Henpals to be thinking of others.

Wiggy Woo
HP Saucy
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Desmond asking a question what`s this bag you going on about . Nothing here. Check with the girls . If they got their mouths full I will blame Capt. and give him a chase round the mud. I got special treatment . Personal attention in the big house . Even the top roosts . I mean why should I get the could damp mornings when there is a cosy roost somewhere else. I have invited my girls as well ,but they don't want to get up early. We had loads and loads of mealworms today . Even the fox chaser had some . Small price for our safety . We have to give the huge beast a bribe or it will not save us.
Lots of water from above and we dived for cover.
I am the top boy and the whole world needs to know it......
Desmond
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

I hope Frog leaves some special food for me next week as I have been doing extra singing practise during the day for next week . I saw her head in the saw dust making her eyes water .....
Crafty girl that one.
Selfie coming soon.
Desmond
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

I am not happy , being neglected at 4.00 am in the morning , I made my view very clear and loud this morning , I want attention , I mean , I jump on his arm , guard him from unwanted visitors . Not having this at all. got my way easy . my girls are appreciating getting the early worms in the morning so I am their hero.
Special duties Desmond.
Wearing me out but you have to do it.