Vivid dreams after anaesthetic

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Vivid dreams after anaesthetic

Post by Richard »

Just wondering but since I had my Op I've been dreaming overtime every night.

Almost everyone I've ever known has been in them, Houses and people are all mixed up etc !!

No, I'm not on anything I shouldn't be :-D :-D

Has anyone else experienced this, it's seven and a half weeks now.

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
p.penn

Re: Vivid dreams after anthesthic

Post by p.penn »

It could be one of your meds. I was hallucinating every night on one of mine (beta blocker) and had to be taken off it!

Or you could just have a lot on your mind!
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Re: Vivid dreams after anaesthetic

Post by Freeranger »

My sister was told after surgery that the effects of anaesthetic can last for up to six months - depends on person, depth of anaesthesia and length of surgery. Could be a psychological effect of such a big event or, as said, the meds you're on now.
Some of our medic-y friends might know better. If it bothers you maybe ask a pharmacist or your GP?
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

A person said she saw an article in the paper saying it was quite common and it was linked to some Statin they put into you during anesthetic. Seems a bit odd to me though

The other thing is you actually remember them, I've been in quite a few pickles some nights over the last 8 weeks :-D :-D :-D

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
manda

Post by manda »

I don't know Richard....don't remember having more vivid dreams.....just felt like rubbish and hungover for 6 months+ after.
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

No vivid dreams here, just like Manda, absolute rubbish for months after.
I hardly ever remember my dreams, but if it is bothering you, ask the practice nurse or the doctor when you next see them.
I would think it was something to do with the enormity of what has happened to you and the fact that you were not in control, {hug}