Animal Rescue Live BHWT Hens

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Animal Rescue Live BHWT Hens

Post by Cheshire Chick »

Just received an email from BHWT - This Channel 4 programme at 8:00pm tonight is starring BHWT hens and advocating their re-homing. Looks like a good watch for us chicken keepers.

Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Re: Animal Rescue Live BHWT Hens

Post by Richard »

)like(
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
wendy

Post by wendy »

Yes it was great, getting it out to everybody. That these battered ones make wonderful pets.

Also the NAWT animals are mainly in the Petplan adverts. Which is good to see. Even my little Dudley is in one. Not certain if he was on yesterday. But I was out.
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

I purposedly didn't watch the monday and tuesday programmes, I would want to give a home to them all! Of course I had to watch tonights but oh my I cried practically all the way through. I was so upset with the fighting dogs(I couldn;t watch the actual footage but could hear it of course) and the poor little horse. Kitla's signature by Immanuel Kant sums it up perfectly.
Eell on came the hens, wish they had given out a bit more information on how to rehome but I wish all the rehomings we do were like that one. They had three times the amount of volunteers we usually have and so few hens. Have to say you do not pop a hen on the ground after getting them out of those oh so hard to open red and white crates, you put the hen gently to the floor incase of any injured legs but thats just me I suppose, just glad the BHWT had a spot on the show.
What is it about black cats >coc< I have always believed black cats to be lucky, certainly was when I had my lovely Bouncer. Quite honestly if someone wanted to rehome a cat but didn't want a black one I would question their suitability to rehome any cat.
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

I have not watched the programme yet - it is recorded though for weekend viewing. I agree with you totally Sandy and I don't usually watch programmes about rescue animals for the simple reason I just can't bear it. What I will do is watch the bit about the chickens and fast forward anything else otherwise I would be in pieces. My hat goes off to all those wonderful people who help animals and I know it's a case of burying my head in the sand, but I get too upset. BTW I absolutely love black cats - One of our cats is all black (Ozzy) and he is the most lovable, gentlest, kindest soul ever. We have 3 cats and I would not care if they were purple with green spots on, I love them all.
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

One disadvantage about a dark cat might be getting under your feet.
But Pat is black - I've had tabby, ginger and grey with white socks in the past. It was a beautiful all grey kitten that came to an unfortunate end through being invisible.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire