End of an era!

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
KathJ
Longlasting Laner

End of an era!

Post by KathJ »

We've lost our last original girl his morning. Very sad and the end of an era {cry} There were many times we thought we'd lose her as she really suffered when she moulted but she outlived all the others. The past week or so she's really gone down hill though and her breathing became very laboured, she almost ran for some yoghurt yesterday which was lovely to see but she passed in my husbands arms this morning as he was lifting her out of the nest box. We're down to two now and would love to boost the flock but we need to make some renovations to the run first. It'll be so quiet in there now though and we'll really miss our Speckle {cry}
Kath xx

Mum to my beautiful girls Lucy, Holly, Rosie, Hettie, Polly, Ruby, Lily, Penny, Gracie, Maisie, Molly, Evie and my gorgeous boy Toby

RIP my beautiful Ranger, Roxy, Bluebelle, Poppy, Speckle, Daisy and Honey xxxx

Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Re: End of an era!

Post by Cheshire Chick »

So sorry that you have lost your girl. It never gets any easier but she would have had a lovely life with you and that makes it all worthwhile.
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

That's a shame Kath, the first are usually the ones you remember the most.

It will be nice doing it all up though, especially with Autumn and Winter rapidly approaching.

Richard {hug}
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
manda

Post by manda »

{hug} {hug&kiss}
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

So sorry Kath to hear of your loss. Know how you must be feeling {hug} is
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

End of an era maybe. {hug} But she was the start of something, for you, and that carries on.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

I'm so sorry to hear you lost your girl {hug} She's leaving a wonderful legacy for all the girls who have, and will, come after her - training you to be a great chicken keeper! It sounds like she had a wonderful life with you
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
KathJ
Longlasting Laner

Post by KathJ »

Thanks everyone, yes she was definitely the start of something 5 years ago and through all the ups and downs we've never regretted having all of our girls. They've made our lives so much better for having had them to care for and love. Here's to the next chapter )like(
Kath xx

Mum to my beautiful girls Lucy, Holly, Rosie, Hettie, Polly, Ruby, Lily, Penny, Gracie, Maisie, Molly, Evie and my gorgeous boy Toby

RIP my beautiful Ranger, Roxy, Bluebelle, Poppy, Speckle, Daisy and Honey xxxx