What's going in your Freezer ?

Gardening to 'grow your own food' from square foot to half an acre !!
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

What's going in your Freezer ?

Post by Richard »

Vegetables either on their own or in the form of meals, sauces such as Ratatouille etc ?

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Re: What's going in your Freezer ?

Post by KarenE »

I don't have much room in the freezer, it's not a very big one unfortunately. So I will be freezing stewed apples when they are ready, (both plain and mixed with foraged blackberries), sweetcorn cobs and probably some of the french beans I have at the moment. Also tomato sauce if I have enough tomatoes to make any.
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
perchy

Post by perchy »

Green beans, goodness have had so many we eat them most days and they just keep coming, have marked some for Christmas )t'

Cherries, about 20 bags and I did share them with the blackbirds
manda

Post by manda »

Which one...we have 3 {rofwl}

One is for veggies both bought and grown (hopefully that will be a lot more soon).
One is for everyday meat - so we do a cow and it can take up most of the room in there and anything we make from that - sausages, burgers etc
One is for wild game - so venison, ducks, geese etc and anything we make from that sausages etc.

They are all constantly topped up during the year depending on what's going on in whatever season we're in.
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

I have just stewed some rhubarb and cooking apple for future use in pies, also have blackberries.
Bought a large joint and cut into 3 which was more economical.
Got lots of veg, some chips, bacon, sausages and lots more.
Thinking about buying half or whole lamb, just got to price it up and find out how many joints I will get out of either and whether it will be more economical to do this.
Also have some home made soup, lemon curd tarts and around Xmas time I will have lots of mince pies.
wildlifemad
Lively Laner

Post by wildlifemad »

We have 3 freezers & still seem to run out space!! We have Runner & French beans, Broccoli, Strawberries, Blackberries & Plum Tomatoes (to make soup & sauce when needed). Then we have meals made from our produce which are Cauliflower cheese, Vegetable Lasagne, Courgette soup, Saag Aloo & Curry gravy (a base sauce for all curries). I also have at least one drawer dedicated to my Mum-in-laws meals that I make for her (I make them in tinfoil trays so she can just pop them in the oven). The rest of space is used for bread ( (I usually bake a batch of 4 at a time), Meat & any bargains I find at the supermarket!
HedgeHugger
Legendary Laner

Post by HedgeHugger »

I usually freeze a fair bit of fruit, Raspberries went in this year, along with blackberries, have some apples knocking around but they are fine for now, will freeze them if needed later. This year I learned you can freeze bananas, some reason I thought you couldn't, Haven't yet though.

Not home grown but bought cheaply.. Peppers and spring onions, sliced and frozzed. Have also tried to teach myself to chop and freeze leeks, rather than forget them in the elusive salad drawer.

Recently I made loads of blackberry/apple crumble cake. Twice as much as I would normally, 12 small, 1 large cut into 8, Most went into the freezer, so afters is just a quick microwave away :)
KathJ
Longlasting Laner

Post by KathJ »

I stoned a load of plums at the weekend when went in the freezer along with sliced onions, broad beans and runner beans so far. We brought our old garage freezer with us when we moved last year but only got round to plugging it in a couple of months ago and found out it was no longer working properly (we had had it quite a few years) so we had to buy a new one in time for all our lovely garden produce to go in. We've still got leeks and sweet corn to go in when they're ready )like(
Kath xx

Mum to my beautiful girls Lucy, Holly, Rosie, Hettie, Polly, Ruby, Lily, Penny, Gracie, Maisie, Molly, Evie and my gorgeous boy Toby

RIP my beautiful Ranger, Roxy, Bluebelle, Poppy, Speckle, Daisy and Honey xxxx