Blind Giblet & friends at Chickenopolous

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
kitla
Legendary Laner

Re: Blind Giblet & friends at Chickenopolous

Post by kitla »

Well Poppy wasnt very helpful at the vet. We wanted to see her try & walk, but all she did was stand still & poop all over the floor! She's got some new Metacam anyway & she's still eating so I think she'll be ok.
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant

Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

Oh that's good - hope that she goes on OK.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

So both Honey and Poppy are on metacam, come on Poppy >fi<
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

oh Poppy is fine Sandy, still limping but she can limp pretty fast when there's food about! I hope Honey is recovering as fast.
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Think I spoke too soon, or perhaps Poppy's greediness made her try & run about too much, when I picked her up & sat her on my lap I could feel her right (limpy) foot is very hot compared to the other one & the large middle toe is a bit swollen. Perhaps its broken & will take a while to heal. She's back on the meds & I shall have to check that toe every day I think.
--Immanuel Kant
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

So it is come on Poppy then >fi<
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Sorry to hear about Poppy - how is she doing?
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Poor little Poppy, I'm pretty sure her middle toe is broken, but slowly healing. I've done lots of googling & I think it will heal itself in time, its a bit swollen so I dont want to wrap it tightly, & its a tad warm but not so hot as it was in the first week. She's got her limp down to a fine art, she does an amazing fast limp-run so she doesnt get left behind, then has to have a sit down to rest. Generally she seems ok though & not suffering so I'll try & leave her be to heal
--Immanuel Kant
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Morning had a broken toe/claw .
heals well it self as you mention . Not sure if strapped up or just rested . Bumble foot was wrapped and strapped up . Probably jumped badly or when scratching around caught a stone.
Bob
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

I've been playing about with imgr again, a bit fiddly while I get the hang of it but here we are - Giblet in her garden, Poppy hopping, Daisy ignoring all the clean water I put out & drinking from the birdbath as usual.

Image Image Image Image
--Immanuel Kant
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Beautiful girlies and a gorgeous garden )like(

kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

I think Giblet is a Superchicken! Despite being 5 years old, blind and "not all there", she has come out of a 2 week broody phase, gone straight into a huge moult, and a week later started laying again!
Her food has been going down so fast we thought it must be another rat invasion, but dh was working in the garden one day & said Giblet was eating the whole time - no wonder she's so hungry!
Unlike Misspiggy & Nettle who are still staying put in their nestbox trying to hatch Eggbert together.
--Immanuel Kant
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

You have got to hand it to MissPigggy and Nettle for sheer persistance! :-D

I can't believe Gibby is 5?????? It doesn't seem so long ago that you were posting about her hatching and having problems as a tiny chick. We already knew she was a SuperChicken though {hug}

How is Poppy's toe doing?
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Gibby is one very special little lady isnt she {hug}

kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Sorry I've been a bit preoccupied with family problems lately. Chickenopolous is quiet, Bill has moulted his tail so is keeping a low profile, Poppy has mostly stopped limping (took longer than expected due to me standing on her foot again!), Daisy has completely stopped laying - infact they have all stopped laying! Beany is STILL broody, Misspiggy & Nettle are STILL broody together in the same box, Giblet has gone broody again - straight after her moult and Bonny...well, dear old Bonny hasnt laid for years anyway. She gets up late & goes to bed early, has done for ages, I think she's missing Beany. She's still flock queen though, even with only one eye she can terrorize Poppy & Daisy!
--Immanuel Kant