This Farming Life, BBC2

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

This Farming Life, BBC2

Post by Spreckly »

We are watching this delightful programme, which is on from about Wednesday to Friday, same the following week - I hope! We watched it last year, all but one of the couples are new.

I spent my childhood on my auntie's farm, loved the life, and that was my ambition, but my Mother put her foot down (farming stock), and I ended up pounding a typewriter instead.

Worth watching if you want an interesting rural idyll.
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Re: This Farming Life, BBC2

Post by albertajune »

I haven't watched it as I am probably watching or doing something else. It does sound like my sort of thing so will catch up with it if it is repeated later. Makes such a change to watch something that you really enjoy instead of some of the mundane programs that are shown.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

June - it ends next week. Need to check, but I think it is on BBC2 at 7pm on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Nearly as bad as Poldark finishing!
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

Spreckly wrote:June - it ends next week. Need to check, but I think it is on BBC2 at 7pm on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Nearly as bad as Poldark finishing!

)t'
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
KathJ
Longlasting Laner

Post by KathJ »

We love this programme, there's stunning scenery and some hardy and dedicated farmers who mostly do it for the love as they don't appear to make much money >dum< I record them as we're usually doing something else when it's on and then watch a couple at a time )like(
Kath xx

Mum to my beautiful girls Lucy, Holly, Rosie, Hettie, Polly, Ruby, Lily, Penny, Gracie, Maisie, Molly, Evie and my gorgeous boy Toby

RIP my beautiful Ranger, Roxy, Bluebelle, Poppy, Speckle, Daisy and Honey xxxx
wildlifemad
Lively Laner

Post by wildlifemad »

We record this & watch it whilst having tea! It does finish this week which is a shame as there aren't many programmes on tv that we watch! Great to watch, really feel for the young couple on Mull. As has been said, stunning scenery but then it's Scotland & we love it!! Hope they bring it back next year!
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Repeats are on BBC2 in an afternoon. I think they were filmed last year. I am still watching them though.