Dragons Den is back

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Dragons Den is back

Post by Richard »

They still won't accept me going on with Down the Lane, £20 Grand for 0.5% of the business !!

However, first of the Series last night and two worthwhile investments seen to.

I rather liked the second one 'Pouch', a little add on in your browser so when you click on a shopping site, as long as they're linked to it (ie. Argos, Amazon, Currys and more), a little window comes up showing all the Voucher codes for that Retailer.

Pouch Web Site
(it's only compatible at present with Google Chrome and Firefox)

I'm having to buy a new Fridge-Freezer and it will save me £20 at Currys!

Beside that, the first was rewarding, two young people with great knowledge and keeness to work hard.

As for the bloke trying to sell the Cycle Shed...wot a larf !!!

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Re: Dragons Den is back

Post by Gwenoakes »

Oh, I like Dragons Den. )like( Very interesting and sometimes a real good laugh.
wildlifemad
Lively Laner

Post by wildlifemad »

I recorded it & watched it yesterday, always enjoy the programme but you can skip the bits of waffle in between so it ends up about 45 mins instead of an hour!! The cycle shed chap...probably a great idea but not a clue how to get it any further which if he had gone a bit more prepared & asked for less money he may have got investment. It makes you wonder how many people are out there inventing great things but never get them any further.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Love this programme )like(
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Being parachuted to outer space to have your ashes scattered? £700.00! Couldnt a drone drop them from quite a height? Cannot believe they did not negotiate with Debra though
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

{cry}
Can't watch it, I don't have a licence. Can't watch iplayer either. Have to hope it comes on youtube
Ilona
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I found an episode of this on yoootoooob last night. Can't say I like the new Dragons very much. The usual mix of daft ideas, people not knowing their numbers. They come on with an idea then expect the Dragons to lay their money on the line when they have no substance to their business idea. Still entertaining but becoming a bit predictable.

Ilona
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I watched some more of the new series last night, keep finding them on utoooob. Three programmes back to back while sewing. It's the sort of programme that you don't need to be glued to the screen. Still not keen on the new dragons, perhaps I'll warm to them. They are a bit surly and don't seem to have much of a sense of humour. Perhaps it's a new environment for them. I loved the lady with the big knitting, she was very articulate and passionate about her business. The Dragons could see the potential and backed her. Business wise though, I think some of them are living in cloud cuckoo land.

Ilona