Sandy's Pink Ladies

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Re: Sandy's Pink Ladies

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Sandy , thank you for sending funds.
Do not know how much or when recd , do not have access to my account for many reasons .
Give you a ring next time near Bristol.
Bob

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

I put Veronica in the coop last night as when she was placed by Audders and Fay she pecked them mercilessly! Tonight it was very dark so I popped her by them with no fuss as as you know they just drone out in the dark. Fay skips away from her and Audders is incensed, keep following me around chattering 'mum I was only top hen for 3 weeks'. Fay though is back to being a brown noser and caught her and Veronnie preening together. Took all the stones away from where rodent is getting in and covered with netting, put heavy stones on top as need to dig deeper first and I will need a man as ground very hard where I need it sorted to ensure it will be properly done, wondering if any break throughs will come tonight?
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Veronica's feathers are really sprouting now
Audders is not a happy bunny, everytime Veronnie comes anywhere near here she goes in the cottage and pushes all the bedding to one side , she is either in a sulky mood or trying to find Honey in the bedding?
Fay has gone back to laying in the office on the hard bench, Audders is laying every other day and either Lottie or Dottie are laying every other day.
Treat time at 6.30 Audders and Fay are on intruder alert!
Veronica still having trouble finding where she sleeps. popped her on the pole tonight, soon made her way upto the perch where Fay was already so Fay jumped down and she and Audders had a chattter, finally going back together when getting very dark, reckon safety in numbers.
Finished worming today, no worms in poo , have had loads like when I worm new batties so girls really needed it.
Cant beleive it is only a week since I had Veronica, settled in as top hen form day one
Peds all fine, little Louise needs a good preen!
Lavendar Lil
Nancy
Suranne, the record breaking broody attemped to join the gils on the duckhouse tonight, they all think they are sleeping there everynight until EVERY night I have to bundle them into the coop, she was top hen but not really sure who is now? She eventually got into the duckhouse with thelma and Louise
I am a bit confused with the photos have one left so they may all be out of order?
anyone think this is Veronica and Fay
It is getting a rush at night times now, getting home 6.30 sometimes and just about have enough time to poo pick(thats Peds as well of course), give some treats and change the waters
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

You have your own The Ron!! Except I notice you are mispronouncing it Ver Ron??? :-D
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Karen , Veronica is named after my Uncle Ronnie who passed away on Sept 10th. I call her Veronnie but no one could replace the original Ronnie Ron.
At last she found her way to her bed tonight, there she was sat one the perch with Fay and Audders cuddled in the corner.
In the Ped sleeping quarters I had th epleasure of putting 7 girls to bed tonight as Suranne as finally abandoned sleeping with Thelma and Louise in the duckhouse

Sweetcorn was 29p each in leedal yesterday so girls had some today, they dont taste as nice as the ones I grew though.

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Veronica has been finding her way to bed but last night couldn't even find the hatch to go through >dum< As LOttie and Dottie were in bed with their bedroom door shut I let Veronica find her way to the perch the easier way?
Have noticed she is breathing through her nostrils quite notciably, not puffing its a bit like Gracie when she had sinus problems, will keep my eye in her!
Fay and Audders enjoyed a nice dustbath today with Veronica, Lottie and Dottie looking on
Veronica is feathering up very nicely
EasyG said Veronica loved dustbathing so I am surprised she didnt elbow Fay out!
Audders and Fay have become very close friends

Dottie gets very excited when I walk down the side, think she is going to get blackberries, there are so few nice ones left now

This photo popped up well downloading, so I will pop it on
Alice and Abbie, circa 2009

KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Alice and Abbie look so like my Weeps and Rexie {hug}

Keep an eye on (Ve)Ronnie, I don't like the sound of that heavy breathing (you know what I mean!)
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Veronnie only seems to be doing this heavy brathing at night now, such a madam she gets herself to bed well before Fay and Audders, then sits at the top of the pole to reach the perch and wont let the others go past. Tonight Audders pushed her way past with Fay following it was like Laurel and Hardy {rofwl}
Dark when I got home tonight, luckily it wasnt last night! I noticed 'something' hanging from Thelma Ped's backside. On close inspection she had a tennis ball size of poo stuck to her! Bless she let me hold her while I cut as much as I could off then seperated it, will wash her properly on saturday when Peds go away for the weekend. It reminded me so much of when I had to cut stuff out of my long haired cat Bouncer, who too was long black.
Fay's eggs are getting bigger as is her comb and her wig while Rita Ped's eggs are still smaller and no wig growth.
Big clean out saturday…..

Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Louise is fab Sandy that photo had me in stitches my hair is like that most of the time i can't do a thing with it, so I can sympathise with the bed head {rofwl} .

You have a way of doing absolutely brilliant face on shots I mean who can forget the stunning portrait of Britains top chick the legendary award winning beauty that is Miss Psycho Olive )b(

Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi Sandy , thanks for the message . Let you know how Frog gets on as well.
Bob
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

I have been away can do little things on the phone but posting much more than a sentence would be hysterical, have thick fingers {rofwl}
Mr Ped has been looking after the girls, I left him instructions to get a complete redmite kit . I went to give the girls their treats from the two sweet jars kept in their coop , it was light which is why I spotted the crawlies in , out and around the jars yike* grey mites as they cannot draw blood from the girls since they were dosed thank goodness. Threw the jars and contents away , was glad to see on my return red mite stuff everywhere but he had failed to wash Thelma's bottie, his excuse was he couldnt catch her >dum<
Jen,Nancy,Rita and Thelma
Rita has started the broody noises again, no coop sitting just broody noises! She did this before perhaps Woos are broody on the go?
Veronica's breathing appears normal now perhaps this happening because she was moulting?
Rita don't jump…reckon Thelma was saying DO JUMP, as Rita is not terribly nice to Thelma
Miriam, Queen of tyres…..
The Ped coop seems to be free of mites but I will be spraying every week..Rita, Nancy,LOuise and Thelma
Mr Ped said Audders was making choking sounds last week she is ok now she does gobble her food down quickly
Audders had a short spell of lap time
Veronica is def top girl of the Pink Ladies, bless her coat is nearly fully grown. Weird isn't is a new girl with 2 other girls and she exerted her authority straight away, must be because she is an old lady
Audders is still doing a long drawn out no noticable that much moult

She wants to know why her food bowl is empty?
Donut me bought a bag of corn today , so pleased I opened those odd stringy bits on the top on one go , poured it into the container and yike* looked at the label it was chick crumb!

bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Audders is the spitting image of Goldie 2 the question mark . It bolts its food down , stopped crowing , Spurs are huge . Is Audders.
Bob
Good photos .
Bob
Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

Lovely photo's Sandy. )like(
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Bob Audders is a girlie through and through, must dig up a photo of Deirdre she had spurs! Girls abed tonight, first time in ages they were tucked up before I got home. Noticed Veronica breathing hard again, must check her in the morning of course it is so dark!
Rita has gone really broody now and residing in the duckhouse , at night she is joined by the the three permanent girls and now big girl Nancy is in with them! At least only four to put to bed now.

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

JUst packing up now to go to bed and realised my pad was on, found the one and only video I did of Honeybun, my goodness I really do miss her so much {cry}