My attempt to keep chickens.

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Re: My attempt to keep chickens.

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

They flock is in good hands , little helps are going to spoil them . She has less birds in the hatchery so time to give them .
Do you want one (fleece) send size (for Xmas ,)
Bob

bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

When I told SHMBO that the mouse escaped she crucified me and hence I was up so late trying to catch it . I think I walked up a glacier in my sleep , falling down holes and being chased by a mouse rat .
bob
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

{rofwl} Poor you, I think you'll come back exhausted from this trip!

No I have tons of fleeces but thanks for the offer. My fleece is navy and has an embroidered logo of boots with the words 'leave only footprints, take only photos' I think I got it in one of the national parks. It's in really good condition. I bought some tiny kiwi bird christmas decorations which I hang on my tree every year but it was Nov when I first went there, so all the christmas stuff was in the shops.

I just love NZ, been there twice and spent around 6 months altogether there, backpacking around. I must go again.

Have a great time Bob )t'
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

Hope you have a marvellous holiday Bob. I bet you are ready for a holiday now with all your running around (I feel worn out just reading about your antics). Hope you are Karen have a ball and looking forward to hearing all about it on your return. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi all ,
As I write this , I am eating a litre of choc mint ice cream , my suit case is open and clothes spread across the office floor , trying to desperately put it all back in and where 4 layers ready for tomorrow.
if there is a GOD out there I need it , or SHMBO . She has even more to put in the case.
Maybe more later.
Also looking for some naked neck hens for C.C.
Bob
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi all , well well well , this is a surprise . I am now at Auckland city . After which seems a life time . Missing my girls and boys . SHMBO has crashed out and left me since before 6.00am to my own devises. Much to tell .S C is photo made .Feel like a holiday plus already.hope all well .Bob
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Bob hello over there )wav( have you not left your boys and girls a communication device?
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

HI FROM BOB AND sunny Clucker..Rivers seas , mountains and rocks pictures most of the way.
Just got to Christchurch . Been disconnected till now.
Lots of stories to tell.
Bob
Hope your flocks are well , off for a large fish dinner.
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Hope you're having a great time Bob, and say hi to Sunny and SHMBO )wav(
Karen
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Grannyof4
Legendary Laner

Post by Grannyof4 »

I am so green. I love, love, love NZ.
HenPen
Longlasting Laner

Post by HenPen »

Good to hear from you Bob. Looking forward to your Kiwi tales. Green here too, would love to go to NZ!
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Well collected the flock minus 3 .
Not had time to write up the records yet .
Cloud was the most surprising.
Locked up yesterday afternoon in the dark after a 2 hour plus capture in their holiday pad . Moulting bad not many eggs laid (good girls keeping them for me).
Let them out of the run at 11.00am . Was like them on their fist days of freedom . Harley had a good sniff and seemed to have missed them .
1 egg today. Quaker is especially looking fine Brown and white edged neck feathers. Goldie is chirpy . Gold 2 has started crowing (sort of) again so its moult is over . Still eats like a hen . Desmond is in good voice . I turned the clocks back a hour . Alarm went off and radio 4 told me it was 4.00am ..... I was a hour early . Desmond was not amused and told the neighs so as well.
New doors worked as the burglars done house 4 door s up the road . Neighbour looking after the dogs was hospitalised so rest of neighbours chipped in.
The garden is a tip more so than the then normal as builders doing the back damp concrete base round the floor . Put the branches back up in the run .
Not used to dark evenings and mornings , surprising how the season changed so quickly .
Captain Chaos is looking splendid with his feathers . Have asked at the Hatchery to keep an eye out for some girls for him so as I maybe able to breed from him . If the dog left him his tackle you might say.
Told he is a rare breed around these parts and in some demand so I should try and assist with him .
Nights Friday and Sat night . Rail (fat controller and police man plod and firemen Sam Sat (have to get my large baseball bat out again.... )
Be good to see the flock all day Friday.
Tidy and take the rubbish over the dump.
I hoped to see Manda s place but not really enough time.
Just goes to show how much homesickness effects you , due animals every time.
Well I have to do some more catch up , 750 emails had to sort - dump and or read and dump and or save . On my own as well which does not help . Might say earning my money for once . Sunny Clucker is back and looking forward to going to INDIA in the near , very near future .)
Bob
House of Penelope and Red.
Bob
Well will get to read the threads as soon as I can
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

So sorry to hear you lost 3 girls while away Bob {hug}

Hope the holiday was good, it sounded like you had a bit of a ropey period there. You weren't backpacking for a bit of it were you?
Karen
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi all , trying to get back to some sort of normal . Must admit taking a bit of time .
I can describe the north Island as backpacking with a 25kilo suit case. South Island was brilliant.
will recall in time as a experience for sure.
Girls seem happy but on meds , When in hatchery they were all on Tylan with chest troubles. Seem good . eggs was 1 3 then 4 . 3 yesterday . Moulting ready for winter .
Joans look a like had trouble getting up to her perch and had to be caught and put up. making a means to get up but she is stupid and cannot work it out.
Desmond is behaving . 35 in flock now . Less free ranging time as dark mornings and early afternoon.
So that is about it for now.
Bob
Pellets in morning and corn afternoon . cabbage and bran all day (Bran and water has meds in so they are getting it good.
Bob
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi all , Desmond and the boys up at 5.00 am this morning , possibly earlier . Must have been no late supper or a basil in the garden.
Had Desmond in the kitchen , banana shared . He is a big boy . 3 egg yesterday only . Article on bird flu on Radio 4 this morning -farming 5.45am .
Licencing birds 1 or more being muted about . (Reg. at the moment 50 or more ).
still on meds but will take them of soon .
Pretty quite , well not noise wise .
Bob