Back injections this afternoon

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Back injections this afternoon

Post by albertajune »

Today is the day when I have diagnostic injections into my sacroiliac joint' I have had intense pain this year which may not be just from my arthritic spine but also the joint near it. If it works I may get some relief for at least a few months or could be a couple of years.
The biggest problem when having hospital procedures is pets. Not only do I have to have someone sleep at my home overnight but the dog needs looking after, the cat fed and Rosie my chicken tucked up in her bed. All has been sorted but an initial worry. Just had a piece of cake and a coffee, my last food until I come out which can be up to 8pm.
Please keep fingers crossed for me.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Re: Back injections this afternoon

Post by Linda S »

Hi June I hope you are OK those jabs are not very pleasent are they {hug}
I had one into the front of my ankle it was weird because it was given in the operating theatre and the staff all had thier gear on and I watched on the video
Anyway it didn't work for me and I was sluffend because it was very unpleasant but my consultant said by not working it was diagnostic for him or something .
I have got to have one in each side now, he has said in the past that he will probably have to put a steel rod through my ankle to fuse it as there is so little bone to work with or something.
Sorry for gate crashing your thread June {hug}
Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Ouch! That sounds not very nice, June. Will keep everything crossed for you and a good diagnostic outcome. Glad you managed to get your lovely pets sorted out. {hug}
Ouch! That sounds awful, Linda. {hug}
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Hi June, hope it goes well for you today and that it brings you some relief {hug}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
wildlifemad
Lively Laner

Post by wildlifemad »

Fingers & toes are crossed for you June! Hope it works & gives you some relief from the pain. Let us know how you get on.
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Post by lancashire lass »

{hug} hope it all went well and you make a speedy recovery
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

The diagnostic injections are done and best forgotten, as you know Linda. Because they were diagnostic I didn't have a general anaesthetic, just a general one. This was because the surgeon wanted to agitate the area to see where I felt the most pain. It is all done from behind a mobile x-ray machine which is so clever. He did warn me that for 10 mins I would call him all the names under the sun. I did do a bit of swearing but was told it was milder than he often gets. Pain always seems worse when someone says that the next one will hurt a lot and you lay and wait for it. The injections may work for a couple of yrs, may work for a couple of months or not at all.
Anyway, must now rest up for a few days and expect nothing to change yet. I then have to make notes of any improvements over the next 2 months. If there are improvements then he has diagnosed correctly and then the nerve in the area can be cut to stop the pain permanently. Hopefully he has and then my boredom of being so inactive will improve. I don't expect to be like a spring chicken again but be able to do the simple things that I have done in the past.
Sorry to hear about you Linda and hope something can be done for you in the future to give relief. {hug}
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

I am pleased to hear it is all done with now, June and sincerely hope that you can get the 2 yrs free of pain. Take care. {hug}
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Just read your thread June. Take care. {hug}
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Poor you June, have to say I had shivers reading about it.

You take care,

Richard {hug} {hug}
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Hi June how are you feeling {hug} I hope the injection has had a positive and good result for you.
It cant be easy on your own as you have got to do everything but please take care

As always June Love and Healing thoughts to you and very gentle hugs {hug} {hug} Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

Thanks all. At the moment the area of the procedure is quite.uncomfortable but thst is as expected. I no longer have the intense pain so hope it continues this way when I am more active )t'
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Just wondered how your back is now, June. Hopefully you will be free of that awful pain.