The first pet you remember ?

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

The first pet you remember ?

Post by Richard »

This is Rufus and me.
I was born March 1948, so I reckon this is late 1949, early 1950.

He lived quite a long time I recall, really lazy, can't remember seeing him ever running anywhere !!

[center]Image[/center]

What was the first pet you can remember ?

Richard )t' )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
wendy

Re: The first pet you remember ?

Post by wendy »

I was born into a house of dogs.
But the 1st one I remember is Pat, a whippet
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Post by lancashire lass »

The earliest memory I have is a Dachsund called Shammy (I vaguely remember he was named after Babycham, the sparkling perry drink back in the early 1960s) For a small dog, he wasn't very friendly with young children especially those toddlers who would pull his tail :oops: We also had a blue budgie called Timmy, thankfully well out of my reach LOL
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

We had an old wire hair fox terrier Chippie. He was my uncles dog, not sure when he came to us but probably before I started school. He hated being bathed and one day, all clean and smart and without his collar he got out. We never found him, my mother thought, as it was near Christmas he might have been taken as a present. Then we went to look after my Grandma and couldn't have any more than a budgie or goldfish until we moved when I was 12 and got a cat.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
HedgeHugger
Legendary Laner

Post by HedgeHugger »

Billy the budgie and a rough collie named Honey.
My Nan had a cat called Sooty. He was a cantankerous moggy that really tolerated only her. We were told to avoid him as kids :)
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

My first pet was a cat called Tim. He was all black and had been a stray.
A friend who I played with used to get hold of him and dress him up in dolls/babies clothes which I can remember not liking, all this was before we adopted him. So.........my friend needed to get some clothes to put on him and she was not very sure, but asked me to hold him until she came back. I did indeed hold him, ran home with him and he never wore clothes again and as far as I can remember had a long life with us. My friend did eventually start talking/playing with me again, we were both about 6 yrs old at the time.
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

I was given a goldfish who I named Sammy. My parents were not keen on pets, and I loved animals!
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

The family dog ROVER - Heinz and carried papers home from shop , defended us children from anyone .
Bob
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

A black cat called Felix. We had goldfish when we were little, got them off the rag and bone man. Then we got two cockerels and brought them up as pets. We called them Pinky and Perky. Perky got served up for Sunday dinner, we were so upset. Pinky was sent to a farm to live with the lady hens.

Ilona
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Meanqueen wrote:.... we were so upset. Pinky was sent to a farm to live with the lady hens.

Ilona

Well that's what they told you anyway!
My sister still won't eat chicken after watching Grandad wring the neck of her 'friend' that she played with. She was preschool, I was 6 yrs older and took it for granted - remember being interested when one of the headless chickens started running round the garden (someone's Christmas dinner)
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
manda

Post by manda »

Goldie the goldfish...won her at the fair when I was about 8 ...she jumped out of the bowl 7 years later ...Mum put her back so she jumped out again during the night...she'd obviously had enough of swimming round and round after all that time :?

We also had a dog (Springer Spaniel) Tina who was my 6th birthday prezzie (I dragged a panda around on a lead for 4 years until the parents caved!)
Very posh heritage grandparents crufts winners....she was the dud...had hip dysplasia and laid on the couch like lady muck for 6 months because the vet said she should be put down...hey remember I dragged a panda around for 4 years so that wasn't going to happen!!.
She lived till the ripe old age of 14...absolutely gorgeous girl....she used to wear a headband to keep her ears out of her dinner :-D
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

This is me and Silver, he was a terror to any strangers, our post lady wouldn't deliver our post after Silver bit her yike* When I turned the corner to the top of my road if Silver spotted me I would have to hold onto the wall as he would bound up to greet me so excitedly he would have had me over. When my uncle got married he moved onto a caravan, as he was the main carer for Silver my gran said Silver had to go without Roy looking after him. I was told he went to live on a farm, I was so upset I loved that silly dog. Years later I realised going to live on a farm was a kind way of saying he had been put to sleep. It was only when I was in my fifties I had this photo blown up and given to Roy as an anniversary present and we were reminiscing I found out Silver had actually gone to live on a farm after all.
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/