Already fed up with Ch******as !!!!

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Already fed up with Ch******as !!!!

Post by Richard »

To continue my miserable old git week, I really must say how absolutely fed up I am already about all these confounded Christmas ads, seems they started about a week ago, mid November !!
Just a competition as to who can come out with the best one - more like the most expensive one it seems.
I don't purport to be a Christian, but to replace baby Jesus in a Crib surrounded by the Wise Men with a Sausage Roll really does put a full stop to it !

Roll on Boxing Day, but then it's the Sales and Holidays!

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
sandy
Legendary Laner

Re: Already fed up with Ch******as !!!!

Post by sandy »

I do like the carrot ad +f+
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Post by lancashire lass »

Richard wrote:I don't purport to be a Christian, but to replace baby Jesus in a Crib surrounded by the Wise Men with a Sausage Roll

{rofwl} have to confess I don't watch ads if I can help it - I tend to record most of my tv viewing and then fast forward through the ads.

Occasionally though I've had no option (the current box I have can record 2 channels at a time but I can't watch a 3rd channel) and the number of toy adverts was phenomenal. A lot of the toys for sale looked like a 5 minute wonder where I can see them being a novelty on the first day and that's about it - what a load of rubbish. And not cheap either yike*
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

I agree whole heartedly about the adds and thank my lucky stars that I am not a mum of young children today. So much pressure already!

Christmas today is to lots of people just a time to indulge and sad to say get into awful debt. I know of one person near me who has already decorated the front of her home and many are already putting up the tree.

I will be glad when it has come and gone and I can go into the supermarket without being bombarded with Christmas fare which is reducing the normal stock of some goods.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
HedgeHugger
Legendary Laner

Post by HedgeHugger »

Last year I didn't put any decorations up, apart from a set of battery operated lights on a window that the curtains are drawn on 99% of the time. :oops:
tried to look like I made an effort to the neighbours :P

This year I have bought a monstrosity and it's sitting on my fireplace wall already :)
It's a wire frame reindeer head with multi coloured lights.
I did buy the one from Aldi, but had to return it as the lights never turned off and the battery pack smelled a little burny!.
This new one was a tenner less, same size, but thinner metal frame. Will scare you all with a pic if I remember to take one :)

As the years have gone on I have learned to disconnect from it all unless I want to participate.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

A neighbour of my daughter's had all her decs/lights/christmas tree up two weeks ago! yike*
I am with you, Richard have heard enough Christmas songs to last me a lifetime, already. I really feel sorry for the store workers who have to listen to it all day, every day up till Christmas.
We will have the tree up and some decs, but only because of Chloe our Grandaughter, who just loves Christmas. I do like to see a nicely decorated tree, but tend to get fed up with it after a few days if I am honest.
wildlifemad
Lively Laner

Post by wildlifemad »

I agree with you Richard, it gets earlier each year! I was in Aldi last Thursday & they had real Xmas trees in & even more sad someone rushed to buy one!!!!! Our neighbour has bought one of these projectors that throws patterns onto the back wall of his house, WHY???? We won't be putting any decorations up this year as we are going to the Highlands of Scotland on the 21st for a week & the cottage we rent backs onto woods so we'll have real Xmas trees on our doorstep with snow on (hopefully!!!).
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

Since this topic started I have been asking people around me if they are looking forward to Christmas. All those without young family members said no.. the people with children said yes but only to see the childrens faces when they see what Santa has brought, I wonder if it is the selling machines and the hype that is killing it.
Hopefully things will go full circle and the simpler celebration will return.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
KathJ
Longlasting Laner

Post by KathJ »

I just look forward to the week off work. We've got builders in the week before Christmas doing something in pretty much every room so don't think we'll have decorations up this year, not that we have many anyway. The one thing I do like though is the smell of the Christmas candles, they seem to make the house feel really homely. Don't watch the ad's on TV but I absolutely love the song for the John Lewis ad (I think) which I keep hearing on the radio )t'
Kath xx

Mum to my beautiful girls Lucy, Holly, Rosie, Hettie, Polly, Ruby, Lily, Penny, Gracie, Maisie, Molly, Evie and my gorgeous boy Toby

RIP my beautiful Ranger, Roxy, Bluebelle, Poppy, Speckle, Daisy and Honey xxxx
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

The amount of toy adverts that are dogs peeing a cow with serious wind and all manor of bodily functions is ridiculous.
Why anyone would want to buy these for their kids or grandkids is beyond me but some will no doubt do so
>shrug<
Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx