Blind Giblet & friends at Chickenopolous

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
HenPen
Longlasting Laner

Re: Blind Giblet & friends at Chickenopolous

Post by HenPen »

Fingers crossed here too for good news at the vets >fi<
I do hope Nettle's foot can be sorted with minimum fuss, and that Daisy has something treatable.
{hug}
(I loved your photo of Nettle and Bonny)

kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

And then there were 7. Daisy didnt come home. Poppy will miss her, they were always together, she was grooming her this morning. Nettle is back on metacam for now.
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
stripeddonkey
Lively Laner

Post by stripeddonkey »

Sorry to hear that Daisy is gone. {cry} Hope Nettle gets better soon and Poppy isn't too lonely without her friend.
amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

So sorry you had to leave the vets without Daisy. Fingers crossed that Nettle starts to improve soon. >fi< {hug}
Amber.
Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

Very sorry for your loss Kitty. Always heartbreaking and never gets any easier. It's always a tough decision but at the end of the day we have to do what is right for the animal so that they do not suffer. Hope Nettle makes a speedy recovery.
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Oh dear Giblet not again! just like mum Spotty! (sorry about the shaky camera)
http://sendvid.com/otszcaix" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
She's perfectly ok though, not laying now but certainly not poorly. Poor Poppy is looking very stressed and lost without her friend Daisy, hopefuly she'll soon forget her. Nettle managed to get on a perch at bedtime today, she's been sleeping on the floor under Bonny since her injury so she must be slowly healing.
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Kitty so sorry to hear you have lost the lovely Daisy {hug&kiss}
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Kitty, so sad to hear the news about Daisy {hug} and that you still have a poorly Nettle and a pining Poppy. I hope both girls will perk up soon.

Is that Giblet crowing? {rofwl} Bless her little fluffy feet.
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
HenPen
Longlasting Laner

Post by HenPen »

Oh Kitty, I am sorry about Daisy. {hug}
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

All chookies well, Nettle is on the mend, moulting is 90% over & Misspiggy is back to her fluffy puffy self. We had a few sneezes but no sign of illness so I didnt want to use Tylan, instead I've put garlic & acv in their water & trying dried seaweed in the morning mash (full of vits & minerals) Whether that helped or not I dont know but they all seem pretty healthy now.
I nearly got a new addition yesterday. Driving to the next village there's a blind bend where I keep seeing a group of chooks roaming, escaped from their garden/paddock. All of them dissappered except one that kept wandering further & further down the grass verge. Then yesterday I kept seeing her on the edge of the road & cars were slowing & veering to avoid her. She was a beautiful silver laced wyandotte-type, surely a wanted chook? I worked out who she belonged to but couldnt find their entrance. Later on she was still there & I decided to try & catch her & take her home until I could find her owners. However she saw me coming & legged it through the hedge into a field!! Late last night I drove past there saw a large bird dead at the side of the road - I'm guessing it was her {cry}
--Immanuel Kant
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

yesterday guess what?.....there was naughty little chick chock on the roadside again! So it wasn't her that got run over. I saw someone else trying to catch her too! At least she's moved up to a safer area.
--Immanuel Kant
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Good to hear Nettle is improving )like( So sad about road side hen, remember when I saw a hen and a bantam in a layby still wasn't convinced when the owner said they would be fine!
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Nettle's limp had taken a turn for the worst this morning. she was still in bed at 10, I got her out & she ate then hid the nestbox. Was a little more sociable after some metacam but still limping & obviously in pain, also is back to sleeping under the others. Poor little thing, I'll try & get her to a better vet (didnt think much of the one that saw her last time)
--Immanuel Kant
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Oh dear, poor Nettle has been going through it hasn't she? See if Emily is working today at Easy pet care? They run an appointment system in the morning now, and drop ins in the afternoons.
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Aw Kitty sorry to hear Nettle still isnt too good, does sound like you need a better vet! >fi< to her bless her