The Henpals Rainbow Bridge Log

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Re: The Henpals Rainbow Bridge Log

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi all, Tonight at 4.25 pm I had my little girl , that I have had so long and caused me so much fun , happiness and worry , eating the dog food , Raiding the kitchen and keeping me company when so many other girls had passed over the bridge PUT to sleep at the vets . She had a last meal of grapes , meal worms .Held by cat rescue ladies and children in the waiting room . She was not well with her swollen stomach but she had a large amount of fluid on her lungs and had trouble breathing which the vet picked up on . She would have gone home and died with in days , of which I had guessed . Did not really want to ,just hug her. But for her good , which is hard to except , but done now.
Farewell CHOPS ,fly over the bridge and join the boys and girls of the flock passed already .
another mile stone in my flock of girls .
Bob , feeling pretty rubbish for a nightshift s work .

KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

We hear the so sad news about our comrade in wings Chops, who has fluttered across the rainbow bridge to join the Battalion of Penelope and Red on the other side. We are sure her flock and the Bob Daddy will miss her, but we also know that she will be welcomed back home by Penelope and Red, fellow home raiders and mischief makers.

Hugs to all who will miss her {hug}

Dory Grey and Tiddly
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Unfortunately whilst away and at the health spa , 3 girls passed over the bridge .
1 ring green that had swollen water belly similar to other girls that had passed over which was expected
2nd was a new girl pink ring recently got on the forum same condition swollen belly .
3rd girl was on the day I collected in the morning . Cloud a beautiful girl raised from a small chick . She came from a auction with Litaln and another that passed a while back . She is a surprise .
So I say fly high girls and say high to Penelope and Red and many friends .
Sad that I could not say a last good bye.
Bob
Flock of Penelope and Red ,Not forgetting Marion and the others.
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

We are very sorry to hear of the losses in the Flock of Penny and Red {hug} to their flock mates

Dory Grey, Tiddly and flippin Uppity Upstart
Karen
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Well Gho(u)st the red ringed left leg girl that came from Simon on the wonderful day 21/07/2015 (DOWN THE LANE ) rescue .
After a good life (I believe ) in my garden , seeing so many changes and winters.
Died this am . Found in the run with no obvious cause .
I had her for 2 years and 4 months and she was 18 months at least when I got her so she may not have a long life but a good one.
Fly high and say hi to my lost pals over the bridge.
It was very cold last night and the first snow came today . She was well feathered so should have been warm.
Bob
Flock of Penelope and Red .
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Condolences to the flock of Penny and Red on the loss of Ghost {hug}

We also mark the passing of Nettle, who yesterday walked over the bridge to join the Rainbow Bridge Opolouses where she is reunited with Smidge. Huge hugs to her flock and her mummy who we know will miss her {hug}

Dory Grey, Tiddly and Pokey
Karen
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi Have to write that my pretty girl Silver Leaf , rescued with Fresh Start for Hens on the 13.12.2014 , died 12.12.2017 PM from water belly .
She had more free ranging in my garden than in a cage /barn .
I will miss her and is one of my elders of the flock .
It seems that the hybrids do not get past 5 years of age. Sad but she did have a good well feed home to live out her life.
Fly high over the bridge ,say high to Penelope and Red and the flock .
Bob
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Condolences to the flock of Penny and Red on the sad loss of Silver Leaf {hug} Joining the Rainbow Bridge battalions just in time for Christmas, when there will be feasting and toasting in the Halls of Valhenna

(whatdoyoumeanhybridsdon'tlivelongerthan5years???? yike* )
Karen
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Alas more little hen Minnie died pm 14/12/2017 . She succumbed to the same old illness my older girls have gotten . arrived in the Flock of Penelope and \red 13th March 2015 . Seems such a short time but filled a big hole . SHMBO was with me and said I must take her as she was so small. Lots of debates with FSFH as they were concerned she being so small. Minnie blossomed into a beautiful hen. one of 3 hens in the Floppy group . All have gone over the bridge.
She leaves Champ a lonely boy (may have something to do with being caged.
I will miss her very much .
Fly high over the bridge.
Bob
amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

Oh Bob so sorry to hear of your losses lately.
It is so hard but they were loved dearly and had a VERY good life with you.
{hug}
Amber.
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Such a sad loss so close to Silver Leaf. We send condolences and massive hugs to the flock of Penny and Red, who we know will be missing the lovely Minnie very much. {hug}

)x3( This is the time of year for quiet and thoughful reflection and all our lost henpals will be uppermost in our minds. This is also the time of year for appreciating family and friends, and so we will keep all current henpal families in our thoughts

Karen
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Sad to say again the last girl to fly over the Rainbow Bridge in 2017 was FROG she died on 28.12.2017 .had booked an appointment at the vets , but not available till 29.12 4.40pm .
She was found with the new boys (med ward) and I brought her in side . She looked ill but did not expect her to keel over just like that . Do not believe related to her eyes .
Fly high .
Had got her from auction at Lakeside in Nov 2016 .Youngster that had a hard life.
Bob
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi all , my worst fear happened yesterday , 2.00pm-5.30pm , Quaker the friendly girl died. After a short illness , believed egg related .
She came to me in Feb 2015 whilst SHMBO was in India.
18months old plus 35 months with me . 53 months old . This not a bad age for a Rescue cage girl. She came with Custard and a lovely pair they where.
She will and is sadily missed and no matter the age they break your heart in passing .
Fly high girl and say hi to the Penelope and Red gang and the other heros of the Hen pals club.
Bob
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Sorry Bob, extra sad when you lose the friendly ones, but it meant she was happy living with you.
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Very sad news today with the passing of the one and only Quaker, whose daylight daring raids and general campaigns of mischief and treats have been an inspiration to all henpals. We will certainly keep her in our hearts, and send condolences to the flock of Penny and Red on another of their sad losses. Our loss is of course the Rainbow Bridge battalion's gain, as they welcome a lost pal back intot heir fold.

{hug}
Karen