Christmas TV!

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
KathJ
Longlasting Laner

Christmas TV!

Post by KathJ »

Just been looking at the listings for Christmas - not much to get excited about I don't think apart from Call The Midwife.
Kath xx

Mum to my beautiful girls Lucy, Holly, Rosie, Hettie, Polly, Ruby, Lily, Penny, Gracie, Maisie, Molly, Evie and my gorgeous boy Toby

RIP my beautiful Ranger, Roxy, Bluebelle, Poppy, Speckle, Daisy and Honey xxxx
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Re: Christmas TV!

Post by lancashire lass »

I'm hoping there'll be some surprise Christmas movies but I suspect I've already watched most of them. I think I'll treat myself to a DVD of a new release to be on the safe side .san.jump. ....
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Not impressed either. I find Victoria sickening, but Call the Midwife - yes.
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Exception of the Queens Speech I shall be watching nothing !!

Not bah humbug, just nothing which stands out for me.

I may watch Call the Midwife on catch up but only because I remember that Winter - it was still snowing on my birthday in March !

Richard )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I will have a browse around yooootoooob, take a look at catchup on ITV player, and 4oD, but can't catch up on BBC because I don't pay for a licence. Sad that I will miss Midwives, but I am not paying £150 quid to watch half a dozen programmes.
+f+

Ilona
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Watched Singing in the rain , seems to be on one channel or other every year and I still love it. Def will see/tape midwife I remember the boys building igloos in the street which we 'lived in' they stayed intact for over a week. French and Saunders looks good, enjoyed Dr Who , dont watch it religiously can dip in and out very easily, very good tonight. Looking forward to Jurassic World, love the raptors, remind me of some pets I have! Maigret was good last night too
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

I missed the Queens Speech, will catch up today.

We had Tom Jones Concert on as background, then watched a little bit of Jennifer Saunders / Dawn French but I fell asleep !!

Didn't do the internet all day either.

That was it.

Richard )t' )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Saw the Queen's Speech on youtube. Watched Call the Midwife, excellent, but after a day out yesterday, OH was very tired, and we went to bed after half an hour of Victoria, who really bugs me!

Hoping to watch Little Women later on, but having read and re-read the books, I wonder what sort of mess the producers will make of it.
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

So fed up with TV over Christmas to new year. I must admit that being on my own I am watching too much TV, mainly for the company over the Christmas period. Repeat after repeat with very few programs made for the holiday. Oh how I longed for a good laugh! I have just put on Alan Carr's new year spectacular which has on it celebrities that are unheard of, who are so unfunny. I must turn it off as I am getting into a fed up mood.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Try youtube, June. A lot of classic programmes on there. Type in 'old British comedy' or whatever you are interested in. I like 'old Coronation Street', Some Mothers, Open all Hours, Heartbeat, Wood and Walters. I can always find something to watch.

Ilona
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Meanqueen wrote:I will have a browse around yooootoooob, take a look at catchup on ITV player, and 4oD, but can't catch up on BBC because I don't pay for a licence. Sad that I will miss Midwives, but I am not paying £150 quid to watch half a dozen programmes.
+f+

Ilona

Well if you wait a bit (and some gov doesn't cut it) you'll be able to watch free. I think this is the last month they'll take anything from me. Next years license is free, though I'm not 75 til July.

Not that I watch much except recorded quizzes while I'm eating.
And usually have to watch the second quiz twice as I fall asleep on the sofa mug of tea in hand.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

It's free at 75 is it? I've only got another seven years to wait then. Will there be anything left at all worth watching then?

Ilona
wildlifemad
Lively Laner

Post by wildlifemad »

At home we have Freeview tv but we were on holiday over Xmas & had Freesat tv, all it gave us was a lot more rubbish channels!!!!!