Good to be back

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
Tink
Longlasting Laner

Good to be back

Post by Tink »

Hello, I have just re joined this great page who helped me so much when I first had hens. I have just rescued 4 Hubbards with the BHWT who now have a collection point here in my village in Wales. I will be with the rescue team tomorrow distributing 100 hens to the surrounding area. Thank you so much for your help when I was a newbie.

Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Re: Good to be back

Post by Spreckly »

Hello Tink - welcome back. I don't remember you, but I didn't join until 2011, when we got three hens, no longer with us, and the hen run now used as a wood store! Hope you won't run away again!
wendy

Post by wendy »

)wav(
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Hiya and welcome back. )wav(
Tink
Longlasting Laner

Post by Tink »

Thank you all. x I have been to local new rescue point this afternoon in my village as part of the distribution team for ex batty's. ( BHWT) About 150 hens brought from Cardiff this morning, collected from Tiverton prior to that. 80 died last night after rescue and the rest are in a dreadful state. We nursed several in our fleeces against us for couple of hours to warm them up, these four have gone to intensive support at a friends house. No idea if they will survive,do hope they do as so near to freedom. {cry}
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Welcome back Tink and well done for the good work you are doing.

Fingers crossed that some of these poor creatures get through, they deserve a life.

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Tink
Longlasting Laner

Post by Tink »

Thank you Richard and hope you are well. x
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Tink, good to hear you are part of the volunteer team, it is sad when they are are so poorly but I bet you agree just picking them up with a kiss and a cuddle and handing them over to their new owners to live out a proper henny life is just so rewarding.
Us lot of volunteers went out for a meal last week as we realised we knew nothing about one another as the conversations revovled around, shall I do parking now? Can you clip this girls claws, the crates need hosing down and I think that girl needs some gentain violet?
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi Sandy you did not invite me......
Local pub....
Bob