My beautiful Ruby aka Boo

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Re: My beautiful Ruby aka Boo

Post by Gwenoakes »

I want to know why everything always seems to come at once..........
I hope Bella gets better soon and that Boo carries on for a long, long time with a good quality of life, because like you say that is the most important thing for her and you. {hug}
I was going to ask about Arthur, Wendy. I hope you get the answer to his limping very soon. {hug}
wendy

Post by wendy »

Tell me about it !
Arthur seems to be OK on his legs at the moment, but >fi<
On Sunday Indiana fell off her perch, as she does sometimes. But this time hurt her leg.
Wasn't broken or anything. She could put weight on it and scrunch it into her like birds do. But if it slipped down from the perch, she couldn't lift it back. I would think a bruise or strain. Anyway 3 days of in the cage all the time and some metacam and I think everything is ok.
Same day Megan's right back leg just wouldn't take her weight and slipped under her all the time. Also her foot kept knuckling under and staying there. So I spent the day, with a towel under her tummy helping her walk around. Thinking if this is like this Tuesday I am going to have to put her down. Blow me. Next day back to 'normal'.
What was that about. I can only think she laid on it wrong. Or she heard me thinking out loud.
So yes it always happens at once.
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

How's it going Wendy ?

Richard )t' )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
wendy

Post by wendy »

Arthur is still limping off and on. So I will have to take him back to the vet soon.
Indiana's leg has healed and back to normal.
But sadly my beautiful, sweet, best dog ever, Megan got worse and I had to send her back to be with her Dad on Saturday. sad household at the moment.
I have lost 3 dogs in 8 months. It is time that stopped

Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Still thinking of you and yours Linda. {hug} {hug}
Blooming heck, Wendy that is sad news. {hug} {hug}
I was talking to someone about dogs the other day and he said that one of his was limping quite badly and he had pulled a muscle in his toe. He was serious and said the vet said it would be very painful for the dog, just a thought re Arthur.
wendy

Post by wendy »

Could be Gwen, It is one pad that hurts. Worth mentioning it to Glen

Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Wendy I'm so very sorry about Megan if she can't be here with you then being with her Dad is the next best place for your lovely girl {hug} {hug}
I hope both Arthur and Indiana are ok you don't need anymore problems.
You have had more than your fair share of heartache, I think I have said this to you before how unfair it is that some people get dealt so much hurt and heartreak {hug}

One day last week Ruby looked to have a bit of swelling under her eye on the same side of her tumor, I was going to get her in at the vets the next day but on getting up the swelling had gone down..
I phoned for advice and was told to bring her in for a checkup if it happened again any how fast forward to Tuesday night just gone.

When we went to bed the whole side of her face was swelling so as soon as I could I would obviously get her booked in.
We woke up next morning to our lovely girls faceswollen like it was going to explode I'v never seen anything develop so fast it was awful to see, her eye was completely closed.
We got an appointment for yesterday afternoon, we saw Sam who has seen her before early on in this for want of a better word experience and he was very pleased to see that she was still here.
I've no need to explain to any of you how petrified of taking her i was imagining the worst case senario
Sam gave us antibiotics for her he said how lucky we were that she was still here and he meant the vets too it was uplifting for them to see her very well apart from the tumor and now the swelling

He advised us to bathe her face with salt water because she had a graze wich she had scratched we think with it irritating her she also kept shaking her head too.
We got home and boiled the kettle for the sterile water when I looked over at her I could see what looked like a piece of flesh on the graze, I thought she had scratched it raw.
When I went to look it was blood and puss coming out we bathed it and got loads out and the swelling went down dramatically.
A bit more has come out today her eye is still closed but she is much more comfy we think it must be an abcess sp? I rang the vets this morning to let them know about it, she goes for a review next week unless she worsen then it will be before I wI'll let you know how she is.
This has been my longest post to date I think, you know I waffle on
Lindaxx

No my longest is in my chicken diary :-D
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
wendy

Post by wendy »

Oh bless her, so sad to see them in pain.
But encouraging to know what the problem was. I hope she gets over this quick

Thank you for your kind words.
Yesterday an off lead dog, walking along the road had an altercation with Arthur }hairout{ Unfortunately when he gets hold he doesn't let go ! He is a Greyhound. So he had this dog by the shoulder. The dogs owner started to kick Arthur and what is that suppose to achieve ? I did say please don't kick him. One person, was trying to end this....me. I put my thumb in Arthurs mouth then pushed my fingers down his throat. He let go. Dog ran off as did the owner. Leaving me draped over the bumper of a 4 x 4 in someone's drive.
I had a bitten thumb and a badly strained back. The woman said are you alright I answered 'NO' and they ran off.
Arthur was coughing. So I had him back at the vet last night. He was lucky he had his padded blizzard jacket on and so his ribs were not damaged. But he does have bruising of the trachea. So because of this 'owner' being irresponsible and breaking the law. Not having the dog on lead. I can hardly move, Arthur is injured, as I am sure his dog was.
I did report it to the dog warden.
Needless to say we haven't had any walks today, back not good and he didn't need a collar on with a sore neck.
I am trying to treat it as a learning curve. He will have a muzzle on from now on, just in case I come upon another bad owner. He is good with other dogs. But I now know if he locks on. He doesn't let go easily. Not often do I get cross. But this was so utterly needless !

Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Sorry to hear that poor Ruby has had yet more problems, but pleased they are subsiding now, bless her. As if she and you haven't got enough on your plates. {hug}
Blooming heck, Wendy I really hope you and Arthur feel better very soon. Some people should not be allowed to have any animal, least of all a dog. {hug}
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Ruby is still with us she is eating and drinking well and running round like a lunatic
The lump has grown so we will have to make sure she dosent suffer and at the moment she isnt. {hug}

I am though i have been in hospital since the 19thfeb with cellulitis so for over 2 wks i havnt seen my lovely girl it is time i can never hope to get back with her and it breaks me.
Every time my family go home she bounds round to my side iof the car crying and doining her bear noises as i call them, she dosnt know why i arnt there and i dont know when i will be back.
There will be plenty of tears and crying when i do get home i just know what she will be like
We also lost our beloved and beautiful horse Fox to peritonitis ?sp onthe 31st jan saying it was a hell of a shock dosent even come close he has owned us for 22and a half years.
I will do him his own thread he deserves no less
So hatshow things stand at the minute folks i will update as and when i feel i can sometimes its easier to not confront things if you know what i mean
Lindaxx
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
wendy

Post by wendy »

Good to hear Ruby is still enjoying her life. One day at a time.
But not good to hear about your horse. sometimes you get hit and then don't seem to be able to get up again.
Also you being unwell on top of it all is just heart breaking. I hope you get well soon
and things start to get better really quick.
{hug} {hug}

Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

So very sorry to hear you are poorly at the moment and I hope you make a speedy recovery and are back at home soon with your beloved family so that you can enjoy your time with Ruby. So sorry also to read about the loss of your horse - must be so heartbreaking for you at the moment. Take care and sending best wishes to you.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

So good to hear Ruby is still going strong.
As for your beloved horse may she RIP in horsey heaven, bless her. {hug} Peritonitis is not a nice thing to happen.
I am sorry to hear about your own health problems and will keep everything crossed for you to make a speedy recovery so you can spend time with your beloved Boo. {hug}
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Thankyou Wendy CC and Gwen {hug} {hug} {hug} Lindaxx
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

How are things, Linda?
I hope you are recovering well still and Ruby is also no worse. Thinking of you both. {hug} {hug} {hug}