I lurv my breakfasts

Recipes, Cooking tips and maybe some 'Home Made' secrets !
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

I lurv my breakfasts

Post by Meanqueen »

When I was working I had a very hurried breakfast, cereal or toast, then rush out of the door. Now things are different, I lurv my breakfasts. I got lots of yellow sticker fruit on Thursday, some I eat straight away and some I freeze. Mostly my breakfasts are bran flakes, nuts and seeds, and fruit, with yogurt. Sometimes I make porridge, with the nuts, seeds, and fruit added half way through microwaving. This is what I make every morning.

When the fresh fruit has gone I use frozen berries, and bananas.

What does everyone else have for their breakfast?

ilona
wendy

Re: I lurv my breakfasts

Post by wendy »

Looks lovely.
Mine is the same daily ....Banana and yogurt.
But, as you say. I love it
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

Your breakfast looks so good and just the sort of food that I love. Not for breakfast though! I find it very hard to eat in the morning so usually just toast. I did have a banana inside 2 pieces of seeded toast this morning with a few soft prunes on the side, because I need them. Basically make myself have something.
Your breakfast I would have for desert and like you use both fresh and frozen fruit. The nuts I snack on but whenever I eat it, good nutritious food. )t'
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

albertajune wrote:Your breakfast looks so good and just the sort of food that I love. Not for breakfast though! I find it very hard to eat in the morning so usually just toast. I did have a banana inside 2 pieces of seeded toast this morning with a few soft prunes on the side, because I need them. Basically make myself have something.
Your breakfast I would have for desert and like you use both fresh and frozen fruit. The nuts I snack on but whenever I eat it, good nutritious food. )t'

Hi June. I start off with a coffee at about 6am, to get me going, then I have breakfast around 7.30 - 8am, or whenever my stomach tells me to send something down.

I like a banana sandwich made with seeded bread, and a smattering of lemon curd, lovely, I have it as a snack later on. I don't have a desert because my meals are always enough to fill me. I can't chew nuts and seeds, no bottom teeth at the back, so I blitz them in a mini chopper.

Ilona
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Those piccies are making my mouth water, MQ.
It is not very often you get something that is really good for you and looks superb as well.
I am back on beetroot sandwiches, just love them. LOL
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Makes my Shreddies and one slice of toast with butter,marmalade and two strong cups of coffee even more unhealthy!!!!

Well done Ilona, looks smashing.

Richard )t' )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
HedgeHugger
Legendary Laner

Post by HedgeHugger »

I eat a fair bit of yoghurt and fruit for brekkie in the summer.
I've got a yoghurt maker and while I don't use it all the time, If there's a bit of yoggy left at the end of the pot, I put it to one side and make my own greek style. It's a little more effort, but I hate the home made slime otherwise!! Once the yogurt maker has done overnight I strain it, removes most of the whey and you are left with something much thicker and palatable.

It's a real hands on breakfast, especially if I've got raspberries growing (my bushes look a bit wild this year!). Nothing beats a trundle down the garden path, returning with a bowl of sun warmed razzies, unless it's raining of course, then I get soaked :P
manda

Post by manda »

My "breakfast" is usually at the end of my night duty - I finish 7.20am so I usually eat breakfast at about 4-5am

I make granola and have that with yoghurt and fruit.
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny