No more chickens!.

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
silverback
Legendary Laner

No more chickens!.

Post by silverback »

All of my girls have gone now, my last one died about 8wks ago, she was the bottom of the pecking order and held on to out live the rest of the girls, she was about 8yrs old {cry} .
Anyway, I have decided not to keep any more hens now, and sold my Solway eco hen house for £218! £40 less than it cost me )t' .....
I am old and wise, because I was young and stupid!.

Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Re: No more chickens!.

Post by Gwenoakes »

Sorry to hear you lost your last lady, SB. That was a good price for the house too.
I lost all my girls at the old house and said I would not have anymore, but here I am 3 plus years down the line and now have 7 ladies, all be it that 4 of them are broody and have been for weeks, but really enjoying them. So........never say never. LOL
Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

Sorry that you have lost your last girl and have decided not to keep hens any more. Your experience and knowledge will still be very valued on this forum though. It has been so helpful for me and it's lovely to share your experiences with other like-minded folk. What a marvellous age (8 years) - You must surely know a thing or two about chickens.
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

Same here SB. I lost my last girl about the same time and although I miss her won't be getting any more. She was the one who had been last in the pecking order and when on her own developed a real little personality when being given the run of the garden.
Took me ages to dismantle my chicken house and roofed run but am now growing a little bit of veg in the space. Being an old lady it was quite an achievement. )t'
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi you can always come and visit if in the neighbourhood (Essex /London ) .
Bob
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

Sorry to hear about your last chook, SB. We haven't had any for a while now, but I do find myself wondering about it......I miss them! But then again, the garden is recovering nicely!