Projects in the garden

Share projects, share problems, share tips amongst each other.
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Projects in the garden

Post by Meanqueen »

I have recently completed two projects in the garden using recycled materials. I had a rotten old table outside my back door which was wonky and needed replacing. Knocked a few bits of wood together and came up with this. All free wood, mainly from skip diving, free vinyl floor covering. Although it's quite sturdy it doesn't have to bear weight, just the odd cat sitting on it, and it's handy to put things down when going in and out of the house.

Yesterday I finished building a new cat shelter. The old one was a wooden shelving affair and was very wonky. I had already repaired it once, now it's time it was replaced. The new one has a carpeted sun lounge for the cat, with storage underneath for garden bits and bobs. All materials were free from skips. I cut a big heavy pallet down for it to stand on. It has a glass window and is completely waterproof so the cat can lounge in there even if it's raining.

Lots of work to do in the garden before the Open Gardens village event in June.

Ilona
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Re: Projects in the garden

Post by Gwenoakes »

)like( )like(
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

)like( )like(
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Cat in a box. )like( Aren't they always.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

An update on the new cat shelter. I put a door on it to hide the gardening paraphernalia underneath the sun lounge. The main structure I built using a dog crate turned on it's end. It is waterproof so the bed stays dry. I cut up a pallet for the door, put two bolts on it to hold it in place. There are no hinges, I lift it out when I want to get inside.

ilona