My last naughty cake

Recipes, Cooking tips and maybe some 'Home Made' secrets !
albertajune
Legendary Laner

My last naughty cake

Post by albertajune »

My friend has become very over weight over the last couple of years and finds it so hard to diet. I have put on a bit since being inactive so have challenged her to diet with me. She is very keen but needs to use up bits and bobs that she has in the cupboard so we are starting after next week.
A long way round to explain why at the moment I am baking a peanut butter and banana cake. I can be strict when needed but am having a last splurge of a slice each evening. It smells very good baking and hope it satisfies my taste buds for a while )c+
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Re: My last naughty cake

Post by fabindia »

Naughty but nice )like(

.... and Bake Off starts this evening to lower everyone's resistance to something sweet.
Michael
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Enjoy your cake slices and I look forward to hearing how you and your friend get on. Good luck.
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

What, no cake! Oh no, I would never cope {rofwl}

Peanut butter and banana sounds lush. :-D
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Sounds wonderful June, enjoy your binge, and all the best with your slimming.
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

Had a slice last evening and it was so yummy. Forgot to say it also had walnuts in it.
I am only wanting to lose about 1/2 stone as I am already saggy with old age. My friend and neighbour needs to lose about 4-5 stone and gone from a size 8 to 22. She has tried numerous times but finds excuses why she can't do it. Even had blood test at her GP to see if their is a medical reason for it, but medically OK except for high blood pressure. I couldn't believe how disappointed she was that her thyroid is normal. I am doing it to help her and must say that she is very keen and chats about it whenever I see her. Fingers crossed!!
I did make a cake from a weight watchers book that used powder sugar, oil instead of butter and just beaten egg whites instead of whole eggs. Not a nice texture at all and won't make the slimming cakes again. Even the birds were fussy. Oh and I will still have my 1 small glass of rose wine )t'
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Will you try to match her weight loss or pace it so that you are still with her at the end of her diet.
Size 22 sounds too big but size 8 was maybe too small. I'm happy with my 14 (have been 16 and went up to 18 when I was bored and away from home caring for MIL
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

Mo wrote:Will you try to match her weight loss or pace it so that you are still with her at the end of her diet.
Size 22 sounds too big but size 8 was maybe too small. I'm happy with my 14 (have been 16 and went up to 18 when I was bored and away from home caring for MIL

Hi Mo. I'm a 16 and busty. We are going down the calorie route as this is the easiest when shopping. I will pace myself to lose what I want and hopefully when she starts losing, she will be able to go on by herself while I make sure I maintain mine. That's the plan any way and hopefully I will get down to busty 14.
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

I'm a hippy 14
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire