251 girls got their freedom

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
sandy
Legendary Laner

251 girls got their freedom

Post by sandy »

i would pop some photos up but stlll getting my head around new laptop :oops:
at last we found a venue to rehome girls in Bristol. they were in fairly good condition bless them, some very bare, one was absolutely huge and well feathered we gave her a going over but she was def a girl despite the size and huge floppy comb. one girl was very energetic , she kept jumping up on the money/goodies table so I purpled her, called her Amelia and earmarked her for me :-D
It was very cold walking down the narrow country lane to put out our signs to help people find us, doing car parking duty and cleaning out the transport boxes but who cares when lovely people turn up to take these girls home to have a good life.
i was taking six girls to my friend in Gloucester but as usual some people didnt turn up to collect their hens so we ended up with extras, some of the others had girls and my six expanded to nine. We had to wait an extra 90 minutes for a lady who had got lost and noticed one little girl hunkered up and shivering so i popped her in my box with Maud, the huge girl and was pleased she was absolutely fine when she got to her forever home with the warmth of Maud in with her.
Everyone rehomed, all cleared up and off home with that wonderful feeling you always get having that warm glowing feeling those girls who have only known cages were all in their new beds for the night with the wonder of what strange new things they would be experiencing the next day.
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/

KathJ
Longlasting Laner

Re: 251 girls got their freedom

Post by KathJ »

Ah Sandy, that's lovely )like( Well done to you and everyone helping and providing new homes :-D
Kath xx

Mum to my beautiful girls Lucy, Holly, Rosie, Hettie, Polly, Ruby, Lily, Penny, Gracie, Maisie, Molly, Evie and my gorgeous boy Toby

RIP my beautiful Ranger, Roxy, Bluebelle, Poppy, Speckle, Daisy and Honey xxxx
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

That is really good news, Sandy. A HUGE well done to all that helped. )like(
Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

That's amazing Sandy. You and everyone else must have worked so hard to organise this re-homing. You should all be so proud and definitely deserve that warm glowing feeling. Very well done to you and all involved. Will be looking forward to photo's of your new girls. )like(
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi , Sandy , do not have to say anything ,
It happens all over the country .
The people that collect them are as good as you as without them it could not happen.
Best
Bob