Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Re: Sandy's Pink Ladies

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi Sandy , It just keeps coming .
Best wishes.
Hope all goes well.
Must remember to see if I can get some of that magic stuff SEPTRIM .
Not been offered that one yet.
Thinking of you.
Thank you for books and more apple...
I will visit you soon I am sure .
Bob

HenPen
Longlasting Laner

Post by HenPen »

How's Echo now, Sandy?
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hi HP )wav(
Echo fine now thanks and Ronnie :-D
Good job I had last week off, Meds for Ronnie twice daily, one lot of meds twice daily and one once daily for Echo. Ronnie had her meds the second morning, her tongue was tight on her bottom beak but she jerked her head violently just as i was shoving it down so it hit the roof of her mouth and horrors was bubbly out of her eyes yike* . From them on she got segregated at meds time as i put it on a piece of bread, which she ate, next time ignored the bread so tried a biscuit which she ate, next time ignored it so from then on mixed with mealworms )t' Echo struggled like a little demon but pink mouths are great so i was successful except for the on occasion when she turned to me and spat it over my face!
Lottie has been a concern, not moving very much, kept putting in her front of food and water, have plenty placed about. She did get to walk to dustbath then i found her led on her side struggling to get up. Of course i dont know how she is coping when i am at work but at least with lighter nights i have time to get her sorted long before bedtime. Today i was back at work and she was tottering about not too badly bless her.
Meds finished at last and happy to say Ronnie better and Echo bouncy but where before she would help me with everything she is now giving me a wide berth, I wonder why?
Of course i have a mountain of eggs i cannot eat yet, Audrey's eggs are obvious but she hasnt been laying recently and i def know Dottie's eggs especially as she lays in her own quarters. I watched Delta go into an egg free coop this morning, out she came and there was an egg so at least i have that one thats med free. Luckily i have been looking after the Peds for a week so have them for my regulars.
£89.45 lighter in my pocket but they are worth it
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Cheap I would swap my bill for yours any day.
Bob
HenPen
Longlasting Laner

Post by HenPen »

sandy wrote:Hi HP )wav(
Echo fine now thanks and Ronnie :-D

Ooh, I feel I should explain (and apologise to Ronnie): the reason I asked particularly about Echo was because you had said Ronnie was bouncy and bossy, so I thought Echo sounded like she was the most unwell. But having said that, I guess we all know with chooks that you can be looking in one direction and - bam - something will catch you unawares. So I am very glad both of them are on the up.

Lottie does sound a worry still, but of course couldn't be in better or kinder hands.

What a pain about the eggs. I was quite lucky when I had five - Wiggy's were blue, Cupid's were purply mottled, Miranda's were really dark and speckly, so I only had problems if Amber or Ginger were on ABs, because theirs were indistinguishable. Sadly I didn't have the problem for long {cry} as we lost Amber second.

Bob's not wrong about that vet bill - not bad really. Any time someone says how much they have been charged for hen treatment, I have been surprised by how much more I am paying. Mind you, I wonder if my yike* nursing duties resulted in a discount last time, because I was pleased it cost just under £80 for the mini op and the antibiotics.
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Good to hear Echo and Ronnie are both ok. Poor Lottie though - can't you take her to work with you during the day? At least you could keep an eye on her.
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

HP, honestly Ronnie does not take any offence {rofwl}
Karen , Lottie couldnt go to bank or post office and certainly not food convenience store.
Well Ronnie and Echo fine, Lottie getting more unstable and then Delta started! First she laid a delicate shelled egg then white and yolk and some screwed up shell came out, still unhappy int the morning , after a probe more shell stuck in her so that came out. Still not too good so decided to put her on Barney-Barn's baytril. Gave her 0.5 in the morning. and same when in from work, few minutes later she laid solid circle of white then screwy wet shell. Picked her up no shell remaining but still looking sorry for herself. I went and saw to Peds poo pick and when i got back Delta was in coop, gave her 10 minutes then lifted her out , beside her was a solid circle of yolk, weird way to lay an egg! Thank goodness she is back to nutter again.
Peds getting to bed is getting a challenge again, easiest girl is Rita as she jumps on the chair and waits for me to put her in coop, tonight felt a huge lump by her vent which luckily for her turned out to be a huge clump of hardened mud/poo . Also luckily she is quite a good girl for me unlike most Woos so i managed to cut it off in the dusk.
Sp all is fairly good at the moment although i am keeping a close eye on Delta and of course little Lottie who worries me to death when i have to leave her.
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

hmmm another round of eggs destined for treats for the girls. Know Ronnie, Dottie and Audrey's eggs and really sure about Blue's as she lays in a seperate place to the other girls, so have some to sell and barter. Girls all mad as hatters today )like( as were the Peds and Rocky, although he is going to need a wash and brush up soon. Peds humans away for long weekend but nice Mr Ped repaired my shed door today which was blown off its hinges so wont mind watering the 1001 plants Mrs Ped has planted yike*

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Blue
girls abed
Ronnie
Lottie and Dotties last night together
Kitlas mafnificient Bill
Well it has taken me nearly 2 hours to get photos uploaded from phone and the camera ones just will not play ball so will take stuff into work for Julie-anne to sort out and will write tomorrow as bit knackered now }hairout{

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

new sheets for girls on the weekend, put hemp bedding in cube and egu, smells lovely but forgot hard to spot poo >coc<
Audrey is broody, omg cant remember her being before but them i cant remember a lot of things :oops: Just when the weather is getting hot, bless i carry her out and she sits all spread out and Ronnie attacks her!
Ronnie was by the fence today while i was sat outside puffing slightly, she sat down momentarily , stood up and there was a jelly egg. Before she could get herself up straight the others were under her devouring the egg.
Dottie is very vocal...seems okay on her own but looks lost at night time. Lottie may not have died but it seems she has gone to heaven but i so miss our kiss and cuddle when i used to pop her on her perch. Charlie went in her run today when i was chucking in lots of mud and weeds so Dottie got herself puffed and defensive while Charlie warily skirted going anywhere near her. Bless Charlie tried escaping through the hatch door, surprised she remembered it was there as it has been closed since Dottie and Lottie were rehoused.
all seem well as are the Peds , Rita is so funny runs about making broody noises all the time but dosent sit on the nest only to lay >coc<

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

did i say all well? Tonight Ronnie quiet, Ronnie is never quiet! Got her on my lap, she is so heavy and horrified her backside chocker block with huge lumps of dried and wet poo :oops: took 15 minutes to get it all off! Have you ever noticed if you hold a hen on your lap and are sorting out their rear they begin nibbly motions with their beaks on your arm? Happens everytime.

kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

I feel sad that Dottie & Lottie are now both sleeping alone, do you think we've done the right thing? I'm sure we worry more than them! Lottie still gets lots of cuddles though, & is very chatty like Dottie.
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi do not fret . It is very early . Like most things , one should let them sort it out . They need to get to know who is the one eyed king of the blind people.
I can always pick her up and take her back home if needed . Bristol that is .
I would have her in the kitchen with time in the garden .
Bob
Still think you are doing o k .
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi Sandy, Forgot to say thank you for the apple pies and I have got the book , a quick look did make me smile .very apt for me some of what I read.
thank you again , you should not really ,but I do appreciate it.
Bob
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Audrey is broody, she takes up most of the cube being a Buff and now the girls have her in there when they want to lay. She is so comical when i get her out, runs about head first waggling from side to side clucking. Ronnie is rather nasty to her, acting like she is an intruder. Let Dottie out with them tonight, Blue, being the bottom girl saw her chance and went for Dots who puffed herself up ready for a fight until i scooped her up. Dots then carried on grabbing weeds growing just outside the run through the wire, strolling past Audrey who was frantically preening herself on a pallet. The others were just watching her while strangely Ronnie was preoccupied. Spied Edwina the fox, had to take photos of her(see wildlife section ) so popped Dots back in her run.
Peds got massive clean out today, gutted their coop, cleaned and 2 big bales of bedding mixed with DE, well Mr Ped did renew my rickety bridge this week.Been putting tylan in waters as Ronnie was a bit raspy but seems ok now.