Edwina has been in the wars

All free living creatures around our Homes & Gardens - enjoying helping them helping us
sandy
Legendary Laner

Edwina has been in the wars

Post by sandy »

My visting fox, well there are quite a few but Edwina is the only one who gets very close to me and will sit stretched out on the grass when i am in the garden before having her food has got the mange! But horrors she now seems to have lost an eye. She is still coming but eats her food when i am there but as soon as i go in she leaves leaving any remaining food behind. I decided to contact secret world as my friend is a driver for them to ask if they knew of any meds i could pop in her food to cure the mange and of course i mentioned her eye. They asked me to send a video(which wont send }hairout{ ) so tonight i sat on the end of the bridge with some biscuits and took lots of photos of her close up which i have sent on for them to decide if she needs capturing and treating. i have not yet had a reply but i feel happier i have involved someone else.
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Re: Edwina has been in the wars

Post by albertajune »

I do hope that help can be given to her. Wonderful that she has come so close to you but also more worrying for you when you can see what is happening to her. Do keep us updated on her.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

If you have no luck with the organisation that you have contacted, i see that the RSPCA has a wildlife rehabilitation dept. The number to call is 03001234999. Just looked it up but don't know much about their work.
wendy

Post by wendy »

Aww they have a hard life and are then persucuted.
That is so kind of you to take her under your wing.
I hope they, and you, can do something for her.
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

well she hasnt lost her eye, i got here really close to me and saw it was half closed and encrusted , the result of mange. The wildlife place i sent photos to said she looked not too bad and to contact the fox website to get meds for mange which i did. They sent it the next day, its all free but i made a contribution, i have to put drops in a jam sandwich and give her that first to make sure she is having the meds which she def is , foxes have very sweet teeth!i should see a change in about 5 weeks, if not to contact them again, the meds are complete harmless to all other animals.
But now HORRORS on out local website a lady posted she had an awlful experience with a fox in her garden, dosent say what >coc< and is now terrified to let her toddler play in the garden, she is absolutely horrified to hear that her neighbours actually put food out for , in her words, rat like terrible verminous creatures, and whats anyone doing so not to be so incredibly stupid! She has had just one reply from a neighbour 3 doors up from me who says i , she hasnt named me, puts out food and i really should stop from being so thoughtless and silly }hairout{
The foxes have been on our embankment the minute we moved here 60 years ago, they have had most of their land destroyed by the railway and their ugly electic pylons and rails put up and the embankment , apart from behind us as we cant lose the trees or the increase in train noise would give us a valid reason for reduced rates, has been cut down and wired over. They were also accusing the foxes of raiding the food bins, i know exactly who is responsible for that,,,rats we are over run with them with more land behind the railway being turned into huge warehouses , god help us if the foxes were out of the equation. I have not put any reply on the website as i really need to be feeding Edwina at the moment....
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

wendy

Post by wendy »

Just ignore them Sandy.
There isn't a law against it. I am sure nothing happened, as such with th child. Just the fox in the garden more like. If Edwina won't let you near her, and you feed her. She is hardly likely to go up to people.
If anyone says it to you. Just say you are helping keep the rats at bay. Who are far more likely to get into your house and bring horrid disease with them.

albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

I agree with Wendy. The trouble is that people make these comments without having any knowledge of what they are talking about and are too ready to complain. Most wildlife will go away from us rather than come towards us. I would do exactly what you are doing if I was in your position as I hate to see anything suffer. I do hope that Edwina takes the medicine and makes a good recovery. Do keep us updated. )app(
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Just tell them to go and boil their heads, Sandy.
Second thoughts just ignore them as they are totally bereft of any heart or soul and definitely not worth even thinking about let alone wasting time on answering them and not the type of person someone like you should be worrying about, being the kind thoughtful soul that you are. One {hug} for you and one {hug} for Edwina.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

I would love to Gwen, most of them have cats who i love dearly but they decimate the garden birds which i feel is more of a crime!
I have been giving Edwina her jam sandwich with meds in every night, have had to pop it under the chair as the magpies have got wise! i stay and make sure she eats it then give her doggie sticks which she takes away and i suspect buries as she is then back for anything else, she has had a few paties lately and corned beef , out of date from the shop. Her tail and backside are still quite hairless but her eye is now practically fully open :-D

wendy

Post by wendy »

That sounds promising. The mange will take time to heal.
Well done Sandy.
You are doing good
{hug}

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Well have got through a whole jar of strawberry jam but at least i know Edwina is getting her meds daily. The magpies and crows are so savvy, down they come every night, well pre dusk so i had the idea of putting our mini scrarecrow by the chair i pop the food under which is working, sorry birdies but at the moment Eds needs the food more than you. No more messages re my stupidness from anyone else so thats good.

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Yesterday i could hear a very noisy seagull outside about 7.30 pm when i looked outside poor Edwina was being dive bombed by a very aggressive seagull, she had to keep crouching down and this was when the garden was food free! i went outside and chased it off. I waited awhile with Edwina sitting near me until there were no birds in sight then gave her her meds under the chair. This afternoon i saw a very young fox cub running around, has to be Edwinas, the other night she ate her sandwiches and then got every dog biscuit she could in her mouth to take off with her. She hasnt turned up tonight so have waited until dark and popped her meds under the chair, thats the beauty of the medicine is that it dosent affect any other animal.

kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

oooh Edwina junior! you should try & get some pics. Perhaps the seagull had young nearby.
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Glad to hear she is still doing well, Sandy. A little one too, yes piccies are a must.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Edwina is doing very well, although her brush is still rather hairless, her eye is fine now. Wish i could do photos seem to have a block again }hairout{