Mice

Creatures mainly outside of our Gardens; Land, Water and Sea
wendy

Re: Mice

Post by wendy »

Yes I know I have The guy I usually use was really busy. and I gave into friends insisting I get 'someone' in !
By the time he came back it already had smelt awful !
I am awaiting his last call and I then will leave a not too good review.
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Dorrens daughter
Lively Laner

Post by Dorrens daughter »

We appear to have sorted our Bulgarian mouse problem when we were there a coup of weeks ago. A combination of ready mix cement, wire pan scrubbers and broken tiles, we stuffed the holes with pan scrubbers and tiles then back filled with ready mixed cement, then we went into the adjoining summer room and blocked the hole in there as well. I did try to get Brillo pads rather than ordinary pan scrubbers because they work very well, no mouse likes a mouth full of soap but wasn't able to source any in Bulgaria.
So for now job done we did the work on our first day spent ten days there in all and no mouse problem, we're back in a couple of weeks so I'll keep you all up to date on progress.
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

A dreadful smell in my bathroom this evening, and as I guessed, the humane trap contained a dead mouse! At it is late, I have put the trap outside the back door, ready to bait again in the morning. My dog was sniffing at the airing cupboard door a couple of days since, and I forgot to look and check the trap.
Dorrens daughter
Lively Laner

Post by Dorrens daughter »

Well a very late /overdue update when we returned to Bulgaria we where still mouse free so spent a lovely rodent free week, storing the logs in one of the outside rooms, chopping fire wood , moving furniture and sleeping in a warm cosy bedroom heated by a log burner. It was spring like during the day and slightly chilly at night but the signs that Covid 19 was on its way where there for us to see. The schools, university, shopping malls and markets were closed although the village shops were still open. We left for the airport on 16th March knowing that if we couldn't return to the UK that we'd drop off the hire car return to the city centre and then either get a coach back up the coast (we'd flown in to the city of Varna from Liverpool because the fare was incredibly cheap) to Burgas then the local bus back to our village. However the flight was running, the airport facilities where closed and husband was relieved because although we would have been able to live and see out the virus very comfortably in Bulgaria his elderly Mum would have been left here to self isolate alone.
So in short we'd seen the mice off but we're not able to return to our little village home and garden for the foreseeable future and the mice could be living it up in our basement kitchen.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Glad you got the mouse problem sorted and like you hope they do not come back while you are away.
Stay safe.