Heaters

Special offers etc. you've come across out & about or online
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Heaters

Post by lancashire lass »

Not sure where to post this thread but I just wanted to let you know about a new heater I bought yesterday. I have had an oil radiator for the living room which for the most part has been fine, but this winter has been very unreliable. The digital display has died so I have had no way of knowing what the temperature setting is or if the timer was on or off ... many a time I've found it switching itself off or just not warm enough. I decided it was time to replace it but I wasn't going to spend a fortune.

There's been several debates about which is better - an oil radiator or convector heater ... but at the end of the day, if the heat output is 1 KW, 2 KW or 3 KW, then the electricity to heat is the same cost. Also, I noticed oil radiators are much more expensive so I opted for a convector heater. And with a £10 voucher from work (an unexpected Christmas gift to everyone for working hard this year and winning a few awards), I decided to get this "value" model from Argos which then only cost me £9.99p.

Ok, it really is a cheap design ... it's a lot smaller than in the photo (though I should have read the specifications better) there were screws missing for fixing the feet to the heater, and the holes didn't match but in the end I was able to attach them. I switched it on and ooooooh, instant heat :-D It didn't take all that long to warm the living room up and then I switched one of the heaters off (there's a 1250 watt and a 750 watt heater which you can individually turn on and off or use together for a 2 KW boost, or use the thermostat control) Simple controls, no silly timer or fancy digital display. And if it dies after the 12 month warranty, it didn't cost the earth and can be easily replaced. I'm very happy with it, and am enjoying a toasty warm living room )t'
nicklincs
Lively Laner

Re: Heaters

Post by nicklincs »

)like(
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Re: Heaters

Post by Linda S »

Sounds like a good buy LL I'v just read some reviews and looks like you have a bargain there )like(
Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx