TV

Special offers etc. you've come across out & about or online
Mo
Legendary Laner

TV

Post by Mo »

I find that I can't read my TV screen - quizzes like Pointless put the clues up (designed for widescreen I suppose) and my little old fashioned 14"x12" screen is just too small for me to see from my sofa across the room (about 11' away). Same with snooker scores.

but I know nothing about widescreen TV.

My present one plugs in to a Humax box.

What questions should I ask?
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Re: TV

Post by Richard »

Hi Mo

Is the Humax Freesat ?
Is your Aerial a Dish or the old type ?

Are you buying a new TV ?

Richard )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Re: TV

Post by lancashire lass »

Mo wrote:my little old fashioned 14"x12" screen

wow, even a budget 32" is going to look "wide screen" and a whole different experience to you LOL {hug}

A lot of TVs are HDMI ready so have all the ports to plug in satellite / cable / DVD etc etc. I very much doubt your old tv had HDMI, but did it have a port for a SCART cable and is that what you used to plug in your Humax box (sorry, never heard of that)? A SCART plug has a couple of rows of pins inside it, and the 2 plugs (one for the tv, the other to a tv box) is connected by a thick rubberised flat cable (each pin has a wire connecting it to the pin on the other plug) In either case, you may find you might have to update your tv box at the same time as a lot of the tvs for sale nowadays are for more modern digital equipment that use the HDMI (like USB) plugs rather than SCART