Lively Laner

Black Friday

Post by Dorrens daughter »

Today for me will be a "spend nothing day". )t'
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Re: Black Friday

Post by lancashire lass »

I'm not totally against it if they are genuine bargains and more importantly, it really is something you wanted and the Black Friday bargains are worth it.

If it's just for the sake of spending, then I'd agree about preferring a non-spend day .... Black Friday is actually like our "January sales" after Christmas but after Thanksgiving in the USA - and now become a world wide thing with China to spend spend spend.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

We have never before bought anything on Black Friday, but we have today bought two sofa's and got them in the sale and then the creme de la creme we got more money off for BF, so I for one am a very pleased bunny.
Dorrens daughter
Lively Laner

Post by Dorrens daughter »

Congratulations if you managed to get a true bargain, it just seems wrong to me that Americans spend Thursday "giving thanks" for what they have, then the very next day go out and fight each other in shops for the right to purchase more stuff. So I'll "keep my powder dry" and pick up whatever stuff I want when the novelty wears off and the same "must have" stuff appears in car boot sales and flea markets in the new year. There may even be a few Kevin the Carrots {rofwl}
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Yes, I agree.
I'm all for getting the best price on what I need (or want, don't suppose I 'needed' that big TV my SIL found for me recently - though I don't have to stand up to read the screen now). But mostly I buy nothing.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

Research has shown that at least 1 retailer sold goods cheaper than on black Friday during the year.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.