Veg Box from Lidl

Special offers etc. you've come across out & about or online
Dorrens daughter
Lively Laner

Veg Box from Lidl

Post by Dorrens daughter »

I've just got back from my local Lidl, where I bought and have frozen a large Hovis wholemeal loaf split into portions for 20p and a veg box for £1.50, the contents are as follows 2 packs of string beans, now topped, tailed, blanched and in the freezer. Two packs of button mushrooms one pack will be frozen for casseroles and one to be eaten now. Two lettuce, one pack of plum tomato's and one ordinary pack. Four apples, four carrots, lots of loose potatoes, an onion, a cabbage and a pack of grapes. Happy days )t'
Dorrens daughter
Lively Laner

Re: Veg Box from Lidl

Oh and I forgot the two peppers.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Sounds like a bargain to me. )t'
Dorrens daughter
Lively Laner

Despite my illness I managed to buy and walk home with another bargain fruit and veg box today. In between resting I've prepped and frozen a couple of pounds of onions, made a veg sauce which will be frozen and used as a pasta sauce, containing courgettes, peppers, onions and tomatos.
Which leaves me with about two kilos of potatoes a couple of bananas, more tomatos, grapes, a peach and a lemon all for £1.50
Dorrens daughter
Lively Laner

Oh I forgot the two packets of radishes which I've been snacking on as I've been posting.
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Sounds a great bargain, but absolutely exhausting!
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com