Polytunnel

Gardening to 'grow your own food' from square foot to half an acre !!
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Polytunnel

Post by Spreckly »

OH has bought a polytunnel from Amazon on the Black Friday sales. At present it is in the garage, and the cover is in the nearest caravan, in case mice have a nibble. It will not be put up until spring, with the aid of my youngest son. OH watching you tube videos, has bought a book, and is quite keen on the new venture. The tunnel will be on part of the existing veggie plot.
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Re: Polytunnel

Post by lancashire lass »

)t' it sounds like you will have an exciting new venture next year. What type of polytunnel did you get - one of those green check covers on a metal frame, or a proper one with the polythene cover? The green check/metal frame really are not that difficult to put up - I managed to do it on my own and it took barely an hour to do. The polythene ones are a little more involved and requires a bit of landscaping to as well.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

The best toms, lettuce and cucumber were from a polytunnel that we made for our allotment some years ago. It would not have won any prizes for good looks, but my did it grow beautiful things in it. Ours was a wooden frame made out of roofing laths with a few thicker lengths of wood that were cemented in then laths were bent a bit to get a sort of curved top and ordinary thick builders polythene attached to it with a door one end and a window and I use the term lightly because it was a square piece of wood with polythene nailed to it, at the other end that could be removed.
I will look forward to see how you go. )like(
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

The polytunnel won't be going up until the warmer weather! I'm expecting all sorts of salad things in the colder weather. A lot depends on OH's health.