Anyone tried Gregg's 'Vegan Sausage Rolls'?

Recipes, Cooking tips and maybe some 'Home Made' secrets !
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Anyone tried Gregg's 'Vegan Sausage Rolls'?

Post by fabindia »

Back in Thailand I picked up on something of stir about Gregg's 'Vegan Sausage Rolls'. I think someone on TV had made a sarcastic comment about them which had the effect of actually making them sell like hot cakes, or in this case hot sausage rolls.

Anyway, I bought one yesterday and though they were amazingly good. It's been a long time since I ate a really one so maybe I have forgotten what a meat sausage roll tastes but they seem pretty close.
Michael
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Re: Anyone tried Gregg's 'Vegan Sausage Rolls'?

Post by Freeranger »

I haven't tried them - though may do now. The story was that they'd generated a huge surge in profit.apart from being green all over (moss or algae)
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Re: Anyone tried Gregg's 'Vegan Sausage Rolls'?

Post by lancashire lass »

Okay, dredging up an old topic but I can answer yes and say I thoroughly enjoyed it (highly calorific but satisfying, and pastry crumbs to finish off) Admittedly it was a long while ago (possibly October 2018) but I was on a jolly (a day out away from work to attend a work conference which happened to be in Manchester) and was looking for something to eat when I came across a Gregg's bakery. I distinctly remember the biggest queue in the shop at the time was mainly for the vegan sausage roll.