Lucas

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
sandy
Legendary Laner

Re: Lucas

Post by sandy »

OMG LL, have you considered a professional rat catcher? We had them in the garage and the attic and couldnt get rid of them
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Georgia,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora & Janice
The Peds…Suranne,Jennifer,Nancy,
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

You have my total sympathy, LL and what's more I have no suggestions to make either other than closing the cat flap up.
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Post by lancashire lass »

Touch wood, Lucas has recently not been actively bringing live animals into the house that I am aware of >fi< (or he drops them off in the dining room before greeting me in the living room because he might anticipate my reaction ... and who knows what he brings in after I've gone to bed!) Earlier this week I did a supermarket shop at Aldis and they had other pouch food which I'd never seen before, one of which were in gravy (something like Whiskas but Aldi brand) He REALLY likes those but as I'd only got one box, I have been alternating with the other new box with different poultry flavours in jelly which are also going down well. It does make me wonder if presenting me with live rodents was his way of saying "hey, can we have something different for dinner tonight? How about fresh mice for supper?"

Closing the cat flap isn't really an option I'd like to take if I can - Lucas is surprisingly not as independent as his RSPCA description made him out to be as he seems to need to come indoors often just to assure himself that I'm still around before going back out again. His affection has definitely grown in recent weeks and he often invites me to pick him up to put him on my lap (he positions himself against my legs in such a way that he doesn't just want to be stroked at floor level but makes it easier for me to bend over and lift him up) Once on my lap, he has a deep purr and if he could, would want to rub his face against mine ... not something I really want to encourage because I can feel cat hair (whether real or imaginary) round my nose (I have allergies but so far am tolerating Lucas) ... and then relaxes before leaning into me. So very different from a year ago when just having him on my lap for a few short seconds before he decided to jump off was considered a success.

My neighbour is currently having their tall ash tree chopped down (it's still there but all the top branches have been cut down) The work has been done by hand but still, with several ladders and workmen around plus a shredder in use for the twiggy stuff, Lucas has decided to spend the day indoors despite the lovely dry sunny weather.
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Sounds as if he has really decided to trust you.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

I hope you have found the rat/s LL. Bad enough when you know there is a mouse around. I always know if I have a mouse in the airing cupboard, as I have a humane trap in there, and the stink is unbelievable for such a tiny creature.

Years ago when we lived next door to a working farm, with the fold yard a stones throw away from our back door, we had several rats, and a really brilliant ratting cat, who left them on the path, and on occasion chased them into the front hedge, which was hawthorne. I used to send them packing with a broom handle.
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Post by lancashire lass »

I spent a small fortune and bought new rat and mouse traps with supposed attractant but none have been triggered. The other day I could hear the rat that ran into the understairs cupboard so its still around but I haven't seen or heard (or smelled) any others.