So angry and sickened

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

So angry and sickened

Post by lizziedoggarden »

Just seen on the news of a yob kicking and punching a 8 mth old staffie puppy, poor little thing was just trying to get his attention and it was wagging its tail like mad. The attack lasted 20 mins. The b*stard was doing it to impress his friends. He got only 8 weeks.

I,m speechless. Sitting here with tears running down my face. {cry} {cry}

And they wonder why dogs attack!

Hope this "person" suffers. Horribly.

Never want to wish harm on people but in this case I,m making an execption.

My heart is breaking for the poor little puppy, hope it found a good home.
Don't dream it, BE it....

Am looking forward to welcoming Sunny Clucker to Woodbridge Suffolk!!!!!
bluebell
Legendary Laner

Re: So angry and sickened

Post by bluebell »

Lizzie, there are some callous thugs about. The whole thing is distressing. Animals put there trust in humans and what do a lot of them get in return! )de:

Sadly, in this country the punishment never fits the crime, you just have to look at recent events concerning a crime committed a few years ago where a young child died (I am sure everyone knows which case I am referring to). A lot of money has gone into providing the persons responsible with a new identity (now not once but twice at taxpayers expense).

The awful thing is that a connection has been reported between children who abuse animals and grown ups who commit mur.der.

I am sure that this little puppy will find a loving home, if it has been taken on by the appropriate body which deals in animal cruelty. I hope it is able to forget the horrible thing that happened to it.
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!

http://thevintagebelles.blogspot.co.uk/
secret squirrel
Legendary Laner

Post by secret squirrel »

I agree. The punishment should fit the crime. Trouble is, people get away with it because they can. As long as they get away with it, it will continue, sadly.
lorna
I`m not a teacher for nothing, you know!! If I was clever, I`d be dangerous.
morph
Longlasting Laner

Post by morph »

absolutely terrible crime!!! How people can do such things is betond me! )ang
Small steps lead to big changes
lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

Morning Bluebelle..dou you think that animals are able to forget something horrible happening to them? This pup was 8 mths old, would the attack been enough to give it a lifelong distrust?

What made it hit home was that it was caputured on cctv and they showed it..it was very clear.

Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

Anyone able to inflict such pain and distress to an animal surely is only one step away from doiing the same to a vulnerable human. Afraid to many of that ilk around shame a few more weren't caught in the act. My sister was telling me of a news item the other day relating to the Battersea dogs home who are inundated with Staffies and staffie crosses to many being thoughtlessly bred or more likely pure greed they are so easy to sell on to yobs as status symbols by bad breeders. These yobs tire of them when the dogs get to 2-3 yrs old so the dogs get dumped and the yobs are on the look out for a new puppy to 'train'. The outcome is the older dogs are hard to rehome and more are having to be put to sleep as they don't have reliable temperaments. I love my Emily dog she is a 'Laffie' a labrador / staffie cross and very docile and well behaved .XXXXX kisses for Emily and the puppy too
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

I haven't seen it and don't want to. How awful. I don't know how people can be so cruel, whether to animals or other people. {cry}

I do believe in Karma, so he will get his.
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

p.penn wrote:I haven't seen it and don't want to. How awful. I don't know how people can be so cruel, whether to animals or other people. {cry}

I do believe in Karma, so he will get his.

Oh my word, I hope he does, I really do...

bluebell
Legendary Laner

Post by bluebell »

I think eventually this puppy may forget that awful experience, but only through the hard work of the people picking up the pieces as far as that puppy is concerned.

I am afraid I think we are a soft touch in this country on a number of counts and about time we changed our ways (as far as law is concerned).

My horse was abused as a youngster, the woman who bred him decided to break him in herself and she took a broom shank to him and beat him up and got him on the floor, unfortunately she wasn;t quick enough and he got up and pinned her to the wall breaking her wrist and some ribs. His punishment was to be kept in a stable, for the next six months, water put into his trough via a horsepipe, food thrown over and clean straw thrown over. He was then put up for sale. He was bought by a girl who showed him nothing but kindness but it took years to get him to trust people and if you showed him a brush or broom he'd go mad. She had him professionally broken in with a view to eventing him. She's a really good friend of mine and even although I could see he had a lot of negatives about him (Trust mainly!), he's been with me about 13 years and is a big softy now.
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!

http://thevintagebelles.blogspot.co.uk/
lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

That is dreadful Bluebell..why oh why are people like this?
My border collie Lizzy was a rescue and she feared men so when I met my husband it took a long time for him to gain her trust but he did and they ended up being best of friends.

I hope his little pup is able to forget.

AL37
Admin Moderator

Post by AL37 »

My Toby is a staffie lab cross, he has missing teeth from where his previous owner kicked him. He was living in awfull conditions, I wont go into too much detail but he was kept outside with no shelter or bed in an alley way.
To cut a long story short I set wheels in motion to get him out of there.
So back to the point I don't think dogs do forget the things that have happened to them but Toby is proof that they can forgive mankind for the things they have done.
As for these low lives paying for their crime then yes they should experience what they have put these animals through.
And as for Karma I also believe in that. In the case of Toby's previous owner it just so happened that karma needed a little help. sile}
[center]Relax, I could have been a twin.[/center]
Steve the Gas

Post by Steve the Gas »

I'll bet it did )w(
lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

Good for you Al.. )t' I love staffies, and the fact they are "labelled" is a real shame. You only ever hear of attacks by so called " problem" dogs but I know for a fact that the most bites/attacks on humans are by labradors but you never see them in the papers do you?
Papers do sensationlize when an attack happens and thats why these poor dogs get such a bad deal.
I,m with you Al on whatever a person does to an animal/person should have the same done to them.

It just makes me so angry...it was sky news that showed this attack and I wish I had,nt seen it..I,m having trouble getting that film out of my mind. {cry}

LittleBrownFrog

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

Horrible story. I'm glad I haven't seen the footage. I don't think dogs forget their past. My parents' dog is a rescued English Setter, the rescue centre didn't know much about his past at all, but we 'know' plenty based on his reactions to certain things on television, certain household implements etc {cry} He's a lovely dog now, very happy and soft and loving, but very different to all the other setters they've owned / bred over the years.
foghornleghorn2
Legendary Laner

Post by foghornleghorn2 »

Cruelty to animals is beyond belief, it is carried out by people who cannot bully anyone else.

I know a guy who saw a puppy being dragged up the pavement by some yob (dragged to the point the poor thing was yelping and being dragged on its back) This guy just lost it, as he has a soft spot for dogs, he chinned the yob and took the lead of the pup and ran the lead back through itself and put it round the yobs neck and proceeded to drag him up and down the pavement for a bit yelling "See how you like it"

Sadly he was arrested and served a short prison sentence.

I don't (normally) condone violence but........
[center]Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit[/center]

Calm down dear ! It's only a forum