Just a thank you

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Just a thank you

Post by albertajune »

I really appreciate all the support that was sent to me on having to have Meg PTS. It really does help to have people around who understand.
I do now know that we did the right thing but at the time I did wonder if we should have let the vet try more. She did say we could try 3 days of antibiotics to see it they would do anything.
To be honest, what absolutely upset me was the fact that she had to be muzzled as she struggled against the thermometer, so it was there for the final needle. She hadn't done that before but was obviously feeling sore from diarrhoea that she had developed on that last couple of days, even though she had eaten very little. I couldn't put her through having to go through that each day. For some time that muzzle on her and the way she pawed at it was all I could see.
Thank you all for being there. You are such lovely and caring people. {hug} {hug} {hug}
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
tamk23
Legendary Laner

Re: Just a thank you

Post by tamk23 »

June don't let that muzzle be all you think about. I worked as a vet nurse for 8 years and it was not uncommon for a dog that had never shown any signs of aggression in any shape or form need to have one when they were in pain or just fed up with it all.

I nearly lost a finger to a yorkie, who was the most sweet little thing, however, she was in pain and my finger paid the price!

Sending you big hugs {hug}
Tammy xxx

Mum to two girls Violet and Iris and Hubby! 7 chickens, Easter, Bunny, Daisy, Tulip, Primrose, Buttercup, Snowdrop, 2 silkie chicks Teddy & Rainbow. 1 cat, Gromit. 2 gerbils cheese and onion, 2 guinea pigs Bangers & Mash and my Min Pin puppy Betty. RIP my little Casserole, Hotpot & Stew x Goodnight to my wonderful cat Chance and my wonderful dog Hamish xx
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Dear lovely June although you knew it was absolutely the right thing to do for lovely Meagan. i think iit is a natural human feeling and that most of us have questioned ourselves in that same position. {hug} {hug}

Now you can remember your beautiful girl and the love and happiness you all got from each other , and know that your last decision concerning her welfare was the ultimate declaration of love for her {hug} {hug} Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
perchy

Post by perchy »

Aww June, I think we have all shed a tear for Megan, your posts have been so lovely and it is so sad, but she is now at peace and now you are not so tired and upset you can see it was right for her, bless you and sending you a {hug}
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

June, I cannot think of a lot to say, except I dearly hope that Megan and Clare's Lexi have found each other at Rainbow Bridge. {hug}
urbanchicks
Longlasting Laner

Post by urbanchicks »

Agree with Linda x comments, sorry for your loss.

Maggie.
manda

Post by manda »

{hug} {hug&kiss}
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

Bless you June, it will always be such a hard decision. Megan was the luckiest dog to have found you to share her last months with {hug} {hug}
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
wendy

Post by wendy »

perchy wrote:Aww June, I think we have all shed a tear for Megan, your posts have been so lovely and it is so sad, but she is now at peace and now you are not so tired and upset you can see it was right for her, bless you and sending you a {hug}

This says it all really.
{hug} {hug} {hug}
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
julie62
Legendary Laner

Post by julie62 »

June - my cat Tessie died the day after Megan - I cried floods of tears (I'd had her 19 years and she was a character) .. deepest sympathy ... it's so horrible when they are old and ill - you just want to make everything better and you cant {hug}
Julie

“cockerels may crow but it's the hen that lays the egg."
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

julie62 wrote:June - my cat Tessie died the day after Megan - I cried floods of tears (I'd had her 19 years and she was a character) .. deepest sympathy ... it's so horrible when they are old and ill - you just want to make everything better and you cant {hug}

Oh Julie, so sorry to see that you lost your cat Tessie. I hope the pain is dulling down a bit, just enough to take that edge of it. {hug}
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

June I hope your pain is becoming more bearable, and its lovely to see you back down the lane more again {hug} {hug}

Julie im so sorry about Tessie, she had a lovely long life with you {hug} Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you