Wart removal today

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Wart removal today

Post by albertajune »

Beau has some of his warts removed today. One of the worst bits of it is having to remove his water and no breakfast. That is of course excluding him having to have anaesthetic.
We have just come back from his morning walk and he is now sitting, looking at me, as if to say, where is my breakfast then. I also can't have food as I just couldn't eat in front of him. I will be so glad when the ones on his face are gone. They are a great nuisance to him and my very light colour sofa is suffering where he rubs his face along it. He even manages to avoid the throw that is supposed to protect it. Of course other will appear and tiny ones are already under the skin.
Anyway today for me will be one of being on edge until he has gone and come home again. All other dog lovers will know what I mean. (We should have a heart smiley) x
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
wendy

Re: Wart removal today

Post by wendy »

Aww.
I know what how mean you feel. Imagine having another dog and having to give them their breakfast.
You feel the biggest meanie.
It is a worry and no point saing don't
But I am sure he will be fine and much better off without them.
Let us know how it all goes,
{hug} {hug} {hug} {hug} {hug}
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

I will be thinking of you both and like Wendy says I am sure everything will be fine. {hug}
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

Just come back from taking him. My poor boy shook like a jelly, even his head shook. I have never had a dog do that before and felt awful at putting him through it. They are concentrating on removing the one between his eyes which keeps bleeding and then on his head and eyebrow. I don't care if only the one is removed as he won't be so itchy when healing. The next thing to contend with is the stiff collar to stop him rubbing the stitches. }hairout{
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Hi, June just to let you know I am still thinking of you both and hoping things went well. {hug}
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

All went well but poor lad had 7 warts removed and looks a bit of a mess. I was warned that he doesn't look very pretty before seeing him. Most of his is face is shaved but will soon grow again. I was also warned he would be sleepy but no such luck. He probably has a sore throat as he is drinking quite a bit. Roll on tomorrow when we can both relax.
wendy

Post by wendy »

{hug&kiss} {hug&kiss} {hug&kiss} {hug&kiss}
For Beau and you
Glad all went well
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Glad everything went OK and he is back home where he belongs. {hug}
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

Thanks Gwen and Wendy. Having a restful day today as he had a very bad night last night, and me. The problem being that he has a previous throat condition and the side effect of having the tube down his throat has aggravated it. He spent the whole night coughing and gagging and me massaging his throat. Much better this morning and he starts a week of meds this evening which will help I'm sure. I do have a plastic collar for him but had to take it off because that was making him continuously shake his head and cough more.
He had 3 warts removed around his eyes, the others on his head. B------dy things!!! In themselves they are not really a problem and common on older dogs, but his were in the wrong place.
Roll on this time next week.

Wendy so pleased to hear that Barney is doing well and making a quick recovery. I can't imagine having so many teeth out at one time. {hug}
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Hello June. I didn't come on the Lane yesterday, and only just read your posts. What a relief for you and Beau that it is over, or will be when he starts to mend. So grim when our pets are poorly. I hope he picks up soon, and that catch up on your sleep. {hug}
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

How is he going, June?