Shocking and sad.

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Shocking and sad.

Post by Meanqueen »

I know I don't need to tell you caring doggy people about this, but I feel the need to pass this on. Seen on a local vets faycebuk page yesterday.

Old Courts Veterinary Centre
5 hrs ·
EXTREME HEAT!!!
Despite the best efforts of animal charities and Veterinary centres, the message still doesn’t seem to be getting through.
We are on our 5th animal of the day presenting with acute heat stress brought on by inappropriate care during this extreme heat. Two have died and three more are being treated.
Do not walk your dog today!!! Do not throw balls and allow them to run around the garden with children. They will NOT miss the exercise.
Feel free to share, even if this post makes one person double think their actions it will have been worthwhile!

Shocking that people are so stupid. Poor dogs. I have no sympathy for the owners, they shouldn't be allowed to have dogs.

ilona
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Re: Shocking and sad.

Post by Spreckly »

The heat is almost unbearable. My little dog is only let out for toilet time, and thankfully our living room faces north. I hope dog owners are sensible, no car journeys, unless to the vet, no time shut out on a hot back yard.

Thanks for posting Ilona.
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

Yes thanks for posting Ilona. My Beau only has short walks and while it's so hot his only one is at 7.30 am. I do have a dog flap which he only goes out of when absolutely necessary. How can people not see that their dogs and other pets need care in this intense heat. Like us they need the cool and water. I find it so distressing to just read about them dying and being so ill through neglect.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

We went to the sea side on Monday and I was absolutely shocked at how many dogs were being walked in the soaring heat on pavements that were hot to the touch.
They were not even walking on the shaded side of the streets, absolutely utterly ridiculous. A dog will not die from not having a walk, but it will die from the heat, when will people understand?!!
I think the owners of dogs who insist on walking them in the heat should be made to wear a heavy top coat when they walk them with no shoes on, then perhaps their 'tiny' minds will be able to comprehend.