Cat litter

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
amber66
Longlasting Laner

Cat litter

Post by amber66 »

Hello.
Can i just ask if anyone is having difficulty obtaining the cheap cat litter from Supermarkets as in our area everyone has stopped selling it. I have tried the wooden pellets one but our cat just plays flicking them out of the litter tray.
Amber.
Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Re: Cat litter

Post by Cheshire Chick »

Hi Amber. My local Morrisons has stopped selling the cheap cat litter too. I found that it lasted me so much longer than the more expensive ones and was so much cheaper too. Last week I had to buy the wooden pellets, but so far my cats have used their loos OK and not too much over the floors. I think I will have to stick to the wooden litter now as the other brands are very expensive and I have three cats. I wonder why the cheaper version has been discontinued??
amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

Thank you for the reply Cheshire Chick, I asked one of the workers in As*a and they don't seem to know why they can't get any and are just waiting like the rest of us.
I'm glad it hasn't been discontinued as like you say the more expensive ones don't seem to last any longer and having 2 cats, one an indoor cat it will cost a pretty penny. I will just have to wait and hope it will not be too long.
Amber
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Have you got a greenhouse Amber? when i had 4 kittens i used to put dirt in a wooden veg tray as their cat litter of course in the winter i had to used 'dry' soil so used to raid the greenhouse
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Post by lancashire lass »

just found this from The Sun article while looking up something else which might explain why there was a cat litter shortage in supermarkets recently. It hasn't affected me because I use the biodegradable wood pellets which I have been able to buy cheaper from the big pet shop (30L for virtually the same price as 10L in the supermarket)
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

I was wondering why we hardly saw any anymore. f you have an aldi or lidl near you, one of those sell it quite cheap as well and seem to have beeter availability. Can't remember which one it is though!
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper