Poor old cat

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Re: Poor old cat

Post by Gwenoakes »

Another here who has just read your post, Mo.
I am so very sorry to hear that he has gone to Rainbow Bridge, but you can assure yourself that you did everything you could and the ultimate thing you could do for him was to stop anymore suffering which makes you a true animal lover as hard as it is for us humans to endure and understand.
RIP Pat, take time out to come to terms with what has happened and be kind to yourself, Mo. {hug} {hug&kiss}
Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

I am another one who has just read your post Mo and I am very sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved Pat. I fully understand how heart breaking it is and what a difficult decision you had to make, but we all have to do the right thing for our animals and it's true that's what makes you a real kind animal lover. Nonetheless, very sad. Take care.
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Thanks to everyone who has replied. The house does feel empty. My daughter's response was to get in touch with the local 'cat woman' who she got her kittens from. Gina has 7 cats of her own + 7 rescued cats in an ordinary house. She has a cat I could have but the vets are only seeing emergencies at the moment and she wants to have her checked first.
Don't know what the rules are about vets, or even about delivering rescue cats during this lockdown.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Mo wrote: 07 Feb 2021, 22:48 She has a cat I could have but the vets are only seeing emergencies at the moment and she wants to have her checked first.
Don't know what the rules are about vets, or even about delivering rescue cats during this lockdown.
My vet as far as I know are seeing animals as normal. The system is that you ring to make an appointment, you wait outside in the car park and a vet comes out to speak to you. They then take the animal inside, for examination/treatment or whatever, bring it back and tell you what the verdict is. Payment is by card, they have an open window the machine is passed through.

Maybe ring your vet and ask what their system is.

ilona
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

My cat is booked to be delivered on 20th. Gina found a vet who would do checks and dental work (not needed, phew), but she works and is delivering other cats this weekend so I have to wait. My grand-daughter is excited, I saw her this morning as her mum delivered my Tesco order.
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Meanqueen wrote: 08 Feb 2021, 10:22
Maybe ring your vet and ask what their system is.

ilona
I did email my vet the only email address on the website is their main office 10 miles away, but they didn't reply. Then I picked up the phone to find who a cold-caller was and discovered that the local branch had left a message. They would have done the check but Gina had found another vet by then who would do it at a suitable time (after work)
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Post by lancashire lass »

{hug} how lovely, you'll have to start a new topic and let us know more about the new addition )t'
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Mo, I've only just caught up with your post, and I'm so sorry to hear about Pat {hug}
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

That is lovely to hear you are having another cat cat, Mo.
Is the feline male or female, what age is he/she and what colour?
Sorry for all the questions, but I am an eternally nosey female.LOL
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

She is tabby with a white front. Called Tabither* 6 yrs old. Coming next Saturday. Gina works as well as looking after 7+7 cats and has other rehomings booked this weekend

*Never seen it spelled that way before
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Do you or will you have piccies soon?
I like tabbies especially with white bibs. Her name is very unusual, do you think it is because she is a tabby?
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

She is absolutely beautiful Mo. I bet you are really looking forward to getting her home. She looks so friendly and will make a marvellous companion. I love cats and we have three of our won. Ozzy is all black and is now 13 years old. We have had him since he was 8 weeks old. Lucy is black and white and came to stay with us when my son moved flats (that was ten years ago!!!). Oscar Joe (OJ) was a stray at my husband's works and we brought him home three years ago. He is a tabby. Good luck with Tabither - it's lovely to hear a nice story.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

She is lovely, Mo and looks like she will be very friendly.
What is her story, do you know?
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Gwenoakes wrote: 14 Feb 2021, 11:43 She is lovely, Mo and looks like she will be very friendly.
What is her story, do you know?
Her owner died so she came to Gina, that's all I know.