Looking after my friends doggy

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
Emmamoo
Lively Laner

Post by Emmamoo »

I wrapped her in a blanket and let her sleep on the couch all day. She stopped shaking and seemed to be very comfy and felt safe. Now's she's pottered off back into the kitchen for another snooze....but not without weeing on my carpet on her way through.
****Emma****

...Ever the optimist!
b_cos_1_can

Post by b_cos_1_can »

er, i was smiling because she was happy and then that smile turned into a chuckle! sorry :oops:

glad shes a bit happier, is she incontinent? happens alot to older dogs, or is it just nerves and unknown house?
Emmamoo
Lively Laner

Post by Emmamoo »

I think its a bit of both to be honest. You should see the state of the poor thing. Her fur is all thin and her back down to her tail is pretty much bald.

And the fact she's blind, she's pretty good at getting about without bumping into things... except when I put her in the garden earlier. She fell down the steps onto the lawn, didn't hurt herself thank god.
****Emma****

...Ever the optimist!
b_cos_1_can

Post by b_cos_1_can »

aww thats not nice, my dog has cateracts, shes old and partially blind, occasionally she will walk into a door frame or my leg if shes not watching what shes doing! vet said not to do anything about it as she was old and the didnt know if she would handle the op! and shes quite happy in herself!

i hope yours is better again tomorrow!

kat xx
Emmamoo
Lively Laner

Post by Emmamoo »

No weeing anywhere today. Took her for a walk up the shop and she peed 4 times there and did a massive poo. Sorry for TMI but this doggy has been holding it all day. My neighbours dad looked at us while he was out at his car when she did her first one, and boy was it a biggun. Not a lot I can do if the poor girl wants to wee when she feels like it even if it is in the middle of the path. Surely there's no law against a wee? I could tell if it had been anything else he would have said something... bloody pikeys... *grumble*

Anyway I carried her back form the shop as she sat down and woulnd't move.

She is a sweet thing. She's got used to me now and seems quite excited when I come home from work in the afternoons.
****Emma****

...Ever the optimist!
b_cos_1_can

Post by b_cos_1_can »

aww emma thats great!
bet youre well chuffed!! :wink: glad shes settled and well too! remember that you will have to give her back on friday! :wink:

kat xx )t'
melons
Legendary Laner

poochie

Post by melons »

Oh bless her little heart, why oh why do we put ourselves through it.
Cheers
mel x
Emmamoo
Lively Laner

Post by Emmamoo »

Cos we're soft lol
****Emma****

...Ever the optimist!
Emmamoo
Lively Laner

Post by Emmamoo »

My house stinks of wee now :( it's driving me insane