Positive about sorting my weight this time...

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
manda

Re: Positive about sorting my weight this time...

Post by manda »

Ooo Linda....I think I found my mojo again and I forgot to post!!

I started back on my version of SW a couple of weeks ago...so weigh in is now Monday for me last week I lost 1.6kgs (3.5lbs) yesterday I weighed myself and I've lost a kilo (2.2lbs) so I'm a happy bunny :-D

The hair is coming back ...I thought I'd take a pic next week at what will be a month and keep a tab on how long it takes for it to grow.
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Great stuff Manda your mojo is definatlely back, :-D.

Its a good idea to take photos of your hair growing back then you can look back on them and remember the great time you all had. :-D Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
manda

Post by manda »

Half a kilo so 1lb off it's a loss...so I'm happy (and I ate pizza so I'm grateful it was a loss )grin2( )
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
KathJ
Longlasting Laner

Post by KathJ »

Hiya, I've never posted on the fitness and health page before as I know I'm not very fit but I do try to eat quite healthily +f+ However, I've put a few extra pounds on over the winter and I'm going to Nice at the end of June so wanted to shift a bit before I went. Someone at work did the 5/2 500 diet and lost a lot last year so I thought I'd give it a go for a few weeks. It's only my second week but already my clothes are feeling looser (I don't weight myself, just go on how my clothes feel). For two non consecutive days you have 500 calories (although that's quite difficult so I know I've been a bit over that) and then eat healthily but normally the other 5 days. Surprisingly it's not been as difficult as I thought it would be and knowing you can go back to normal eating the next day really helps. I won't be wearing a bikini on holiday but hopefully my 'holiday clothes' won't be tight and uncomfortable >mmm<
Kath xx

Mum to my beautiful girls Lucy, Holly, Rosie, Hettie, Polly, Ruby, Lily, Penny, Gracie, Maisie, Molly, Evie and my gorgeous boy Toby

RIP my beautiful Ranger, Roxy, Bluebelle, Poppy, Speckle, Daisy and Honey xxxx
julie62
Legendary Laner

Post by julie62 »

I've not posted in this thread before but I've struggled with my weight all my life. About ten years ago I managed to lose about 7 stone but some of it gradually crept back on again. Anyway the last three months I've been attending "Choose to Change" - my GP referred me and it's a weight loss programme run in parts of the north west. Over the last four months I've lost nearly three stone and hope to lose another couple to feel really happy and healthy.

It's a great course - they stress all the time it's not a diet its about eating healthily for life and exercising more and it's working for me. If I want chips I'll have chips - everything in moderation. It's really motivated me and would highly recommend it to anyone in the north west who is eligible. They have a website if you google it for more information.

I feel so much happier and healthier when I feel I'm in control of what I eat - definately worth the effort for anyone who's struggling out there. By the Autumn hoping I will be able to get into the thin end of my wardrobe!
Julie

“cockerels may crow but it's the hen that lays the egg."
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Hi Julie and Kath wellcome to this thread, its good to have more of us to egg each other on and share hints and tips with :-D

Kath there are a few members doing the 5/2 plan and having good results with it, i think im right in saying that Wendy and Mr and Mrs Fabinda are three of them.

Julie you have had a brilliant loss in the past and also your new effort, 3st in 4months is no mean feat . Well done to you )c(
In our area we have a similar scheme which i think lasts for 12wks, its very popular and has long waiting lists to get on it.

Manda well done for last week, )c( , how you done this week hun, i stayed the same but not to dissapointed as i didnt go last wk.

Good luck to everyone for this week and lets try to remember to post and support each other(says me who forgot last week) :-D Lindaxx
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Welcome aboard to you both, it sounds like you both have a sensible way to lose weight successfully.

I put nearly 3lb back on while we were on our Pyrenian trip last week but half of that has already gone, I am back into healthy eating again, you really need to keep on track. I have lost and gained so many times over the year that I am flippin' determined I will NOT put it back on again!
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

I have put quite a bit of weight on of late, which is beginning to take me out of my 'relaxed, no worries' zone! I really don't want to gradually slip back to my fatter days, so for the last week I have been trying to cut out the rubbish I have been eating lately.

Not been 100% successful, but am definitely feeling a little less bloated and am hoping that I am getting out of some very bad habits!

Well done Kath &Julie, sounds as if you are both doing really well.

Kate - 3lbs is really good as you have been away. I put on much more than that when I go on hols each year!
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

The trickiest thing of all I think is maintaining weight, it is just so easy to slip back into the habits that gained you weight in the first place. Good luck Helen, if your head is in the right mode you will do it x
manda

Post by manda »

Hello....
Well Linda this week has been a write off healthy eating wise...I have been off sick ...started with a cold and then think I have labyrinthitis which has been an absolute joy....result has been I've been sleeping about 18 hours of the day and the rest of the time hoping I can stay balanced :? ...this is the first time I've been with it enough to pop in and have a wander on the Lane.

Never mind next weeks another week ....and hopefully I'll be back onto things soon )t'

Great you stayed the same....it's not a gain is it so it's all good :-D

Hiya Kath and Julie...hopefully you'll feel supported here...good place to come and share the trials and tribulations (because we know there are) )grin2(
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

julie62
Legendary Laner

Post by julie62 »

Hope you feel better soon Manda x

I agree that maintaining weight in the most difficult .. I must have lost tens of stones over the years but unfortunately put tens of stones back on too :-D

This course I'm doing in a couple of months we've got to stay the same weight for 3 months - the idea being to teach you how to maintain the same weight as well as lose it which seems a good idea to me for the future.

Good luck everyone - not easy is it though?
Julie

“cockerels may crow but it's the hen that lays the egg."
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

S W meeting tommorro but I will be shocked if I have lost or even stayed the same this week, too many chinese buffets {warn}

Manda I hope you are feeling much better now love {hug} , tbh I noticed you hadnt been on as much but thought you were more busy than usual although God knows how you could be, your like a human dynamo at the best of time's :-D

Good luck for this week everyone, and I will be back with my shamefull news tommorro >fi< Lindaxx
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

I've lost count of the number of times I have joined this thread and it has petered out as I give up yet again! So, heavier than ever and with my confidence waning as my weight goes up, it's back to join Slimming World tomorrow night. I know this works for me if my head is into it - I lost nearly 3 stones previously doing SW so am sure I can do it again. I have a wardrobe full of 'smaller' clothes just waiting for me to get back into them. I am hoping that going to group AND posting here will make me stick to it better than my previous attempts >fi<
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Good luck to both of you, I lost weight many years ago with SW when it was red or green, struggled to get my head around the new version. You are right though, your head MUST be right or you cannot do it whatever way you try.

The only way I can manage to lose weight now is to eat a really nice salad with lean protein for lunch and a smaller portion of a normal meal in the evening and any snacks in between fruit or something else healthy. I found by trying to follow a regime it just made me think about food all the time and what I could and couldn't eat.....
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Oops forgot to post about my meagre 1/2lb loss, but still better than nothing I suppose

Will have to get a wriggle on im in hospital sometime in july we think for an op wont go into it on open thread but it cames as a bit of a shock whenI saw my consultant.
Id just like to lose as much as I can before it I,had my post op assesment and bloods taken as soon as id seen him,
Im not looking forward to it at all im a right wuss

Good luck to you all for this coming week )t' Lindaxx
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx