Positive about sorting my weight this time...

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
wendy

Re: Positive about sorting my weight this time...

Post by wendy »

My goodness, that sounds very good. Well done you. )t'
What is the principle behind it ? If I Lost that amount I would be the weight I want.
Need to know more, before I spend more money of diet books )grin2(
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

The website gives a fairly good idea I think. The first phase is basically only eating Meat Eggs Yoghurt and Vegetables, for 5 days. My friend has lost a similar amount on phase 1. I think it's one of those things where you need to read the book for it to make sense though. I'll let you know how I get on - I'm a bit sceptical about whether this weight will stay off.
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
wendy

Post by wendy »

Oh right. I will have a look at the website.
I can live with eating just that.

Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

I've not read all of this thread, but I was thinking yesterday about how I lost the bit that I was overweight once.

I wasn't actually much over, but it was creeping up. It suddenly occured to me that if I cut down from 2 slices of bread and jam to 1 slice at breakfast I wouldn't really miss it. Just that did the trick - I was losing instead of gaining, by cutting out the one thing I'd least miss.
I even formulated a rule - the rule of ONE. When thinking 'what shall I eat?' always use the word OR not the word AND. So easy to have a slice of cake AND a biscuit.

Recently (well, in f-February actually) I cut out butter on bread as the kitchen was cold and it wouldn't spread without tearing holes in the bread. If I have jam or cheese without butter instead of having it as well I don't miss the butter. It doesn't save much in cash or calories but it's easier and every little helps.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

I was thinking last night Wendy - it might be that you are already at your 'natural weight' - part of what the book says, is that for some people, the natural weight (the point where it is easy to maintain) isn't the same as they think it should be. So it might be that the reason you're stuck is because you're where your body needs to be?
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
wendy

Post by wendy »

All sounds so easy doesn't it Mo {rofwl} If only.....

When I chart my BMI I am at the 'normal' weight.
But I feel so much better with about 5/7 lbs less. I try not to be as obsessed as I used to be. I have to say I think my weight problem has always been in my head, LBF.
I look in the mirror and I see someone who is larger than I would like to be, drives Spencer round the bend :?

LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Whereas the rest of us look at your avatar and think you're probably fibbing about your age +f+
wendy

Post by wendy »

{hug&kiss} {hug&kiss} {hug&kiss}

Homemade
Legendary Laner

Post by Homemade »

Really pleased to stay level this week as we had a long weekend of eating out in France over the bank holiday. )eat(
Quand je serai vieille je vais vivre en France
Sunny Clucker, she came, she saw, she moved on!
wendy

Post by wendy »

Ooo well done you )t' )t'

Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

)c( Well done LBF and Homemade )c(

Im hoping to join SW next tues I have a coupon from BeLLa mag dated till 10th june for free membership. Iv tried doing it at home but im getting nowhere my daughter ,sis and neice go.
The problem is I have an hospital appointment that afternoon and if I have done what I think i might not feel like going.
So if so do you think they would let me join at another and attend my chosen club the week after, it runs out following monday. The coupons worth nearly ten quid so not to be sniffed at with it i would be able to afford to pay for a 6 wk course and save another wks fees>fi< At new year it ran in different mags for about 6 wks but dont know about this time or there would be no probs

God im so long winded sometimes {rofwl} but im really motivated at the moment, im sick of being fat and feeling s**t I know it wont cure my problems but i need to feel better about myself.
Sorry folks waffle over :oops: Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Linda you can join at one group then go to your preferred group the next week and ask to transfer, shouldn't be a problem at all. Good luck x
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
wendy

Post by wendy »

Just got the book from Amazon . I will have a go next week, as I am away from Thursday until Sunday.

davina112
Legendary Laner

Post by davina112 »

Hi guys
Not posted for a while, I have had 2 weeks on holiday and 2 more weeks eating lots of unhealthy food, so was pleasantly surprised to be only 3 and a half pounds over my target weight. I am back on the wagon now, so >fi< I should shed that weight over the next 3 or 4 weeks.
[center][/center]Davina
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

Another 2lb off at yesterdays weigh-in - that's 7.5lb since starting 4 weeks ago.

I've also booked a course of hypnotherapy starting next week as I am terrible for losing some weight and then putting it straight back on again. If I can change my mindset about food, maybe it will stay off this time. I have absolutely no idea if it will work or not but thought it was worth trying at least >fi<

Maybe she could hypnotise me not to like chocolate, pizza or crisps.... "Look into my eyes... you only like lettuce and cucumber...." >fi< {rofwl}
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway