Positive about sorting my weight this time...

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Re: Positive about sorting my weight this time...

Post by Freeranger »

Has anyone seen the pictures of Lisa Riley? From size 30 to 16 in 9 months. Incredible loss, if a little rapid. What a different career she'd have had if she'd been slimmer at a young age - she's very talented, so hopefully she'll get more deserving roles now. Sad, but it's the way things work. However, to achieve it, she's been to fat-boot-camp and doing 500 calories a day with exercise classes. Not sure I could keep that up for long.
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Gosh, 500 calories is hardly anything - surely that's not a good way to keep weight off long term?

I'm eating choccies at the moment {rofwl}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi , I stopped going to my fat fighters meeting as decided to put on a stone and then go back and loose it again , so it looks good ........
happiness and fat
super slim and misserable .
Well it sounds good to me anyway...
Bob
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

Trouble is, Bob, it doesn't last. As you start to get on a bit, your knees and hips start to give up and you get all the aches and pains - not to mention the heart, cancer and stroke risks increasing. That's one of my main motivators. I'm watching my parents becoming more frail and don't want to go there.

I enjoy the food and vino, but healthy stuff can be pretty good too. I'm enjoying the Dieting Planet plan but, like you, have lost the same 4lbs over and again! Maybe happy comes from inside - whether thick or thin.
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

I was eating 600 calories a day on LighterLife and it was tough but do able. I didn't have much energy for exercising though so to do all that exercise on only 500 calories is incredible.

TBH I haven't really stuck with the diet at all since Easter. But I hadn't put any on until the last two weeks. My birthday (a whole week of cake) and then a week in Greece. I got back last night and nervously stepped on the scales.... 4lbs on. I'm fairly impressed it's only 4lbs so I'm not too distressed. I'll show my face at fat club tomorrow and take the shame {rofwl}
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

I've had 2 weeks of birthday piggyness too Lucy! I seem to be eating uncontrollably at the moment, and yesterday decided to make a real effort and try to eat sensibly from today.
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Happy belated birthday to you both, sounds like the consequences weren't too bad for either of you!

I stayed the same this week for the third week on the trot - methinks I need to try a bit harder but it's so easy to slip a bit of ice cream in a bowl or have yet another curly wurly... )pg(
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

{rofwl} So true Jem! I was doing really quite well today until the massive jacket potato with oodlss of butter, tuna with loads of mayo and (healthy) salad, followed by jelly and 3 pieces of shortbread }hairout{

No self control }hairout{
Helen xx

jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Damn that sounds good Helen!! I stayed the same again this evening - 4 weeks and counting :oops: {rofwl}
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

Belated Happy Birthdays from me too!

I think I've lost weight this week but our scales are too rubbish to tell.

I started a new job up in the big city so have to walk to and from the station or bus stop, so am being more active and have been good about the healthy eating in spite of the many temptations in the touristy areas I walk through. (cake and buttery spuds do sound yummy too)

My employer is in the public sector and have signed up to healthy workforce schemes, so I've been given a pedometer and encouraged to join walking groups that go out once a week. There's no pressure, but it's a way of meeting new people and to explore areas I don't know well.

I really want to lose weight now as I feel so fat and unfit, and have struggled in the hot weather. Hoping the change of routine will be just what I needed. Good luck all.
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Wow Freeranger, your employer sounds great - love the health encouragement they provide!

It does seem a wonderful opportunity for you to begin afresh with new, healthier routines, and will be easier to put in place with your new world.

Don't forget to let us know how it all goes, and good luck :-D
Helen xx

jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

That does sound fantastic FR - that should give your weightloss a real boost as well as helping you to meet new people! )like(
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

1lb off this evening - totally unexpected as I haven't been on plan much! Still, I'll take that & hopefully at least match it next week!
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

1lb off sounds good to me! )like(
Helen xx

Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

So the new pedometer says about 4 times as active as before, and have been sticking to the diet - and I've put on 4lbs. Boooo! How does that make sense?!!