Positive about sorting my weight this time...

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
p.penn

Re: Positive about sorting my weight this time...

Post by p.penn »

Oh dear }hairout{ If you are cutting back food, exercising more and still putting on weight, perhaps a visit to your GP may be a good idea - perhaps you are retaining water for some reason {hug}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Doing more exercise may mean that your body is retaining water to protect your joints. That would settle down after a while, getting back to losing as normal. It is quite normal but, as Helen says, if it continues after a couple of weeks go & get a check up. Keep us posted {hug}
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Stayed the same this week...again!! Been naughty today - Hector went to the vets to be 'done' so we had a dog-free day which meant we could go out for lunch. Breakfast was a sausage buttie from a roadside van on the way to vote and lunch was a pizza in an Italian in town. No tea though as I was still full from lunch which never happens to me!!
Hope you're all doing ok x
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

I've not just fallen off the good wagon, I've been run over by it too!! I'm returning to work today for the first time in 3 months, so perhaps I may get back on track just in time for my holiday to mess it all up again! {rofwl}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

Hope work is going well for you, Helen - know you were missing that and it was important to you.

I think I was struggling to cope with the heat and extra activity. More fluid, more rain and I'm doing better. Have lost my extra 4lbs plus a bit. For all the long time that I've been posting on here I've never got below the weight I am now - put some on, lost it etc. Classic yo-yo.

The SW diet is easy to stick to food-wise, but its been OH who wants to be naughty and it's hard to be disciplined if he doesn't want to. We're going to have to just do our own thing, I think, but that's hard to negotiate. Any tips, anyone?
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

That must be very difficult! I think the best thing you can do is carry on regardless. You never know, he may start to change a little!

Well done on losing the 4lb. I am now at my biggest for ages and can't get into any of my holiday clothes yike*
Helen xx

jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

I'm going through a bit of a 'fallen off the wagon' phase. Meals are generally ok but naughtiness is sneaking in far too often!
Freeranger, I have the same problem - my hubby does not eat salad/veg so making certain meals is a no no. He has a pud every night and I am joining him currently so from next week I will have to make an effort to have SW friendly stuff in - berries, yoghurt & crumbled mini meringue on top for example. Only a few syns but yummy. It is hard work but going your own way if often the only way to make it work. We eat the same main meals but I have veg on the side or have a little side salad as a starter to get some good stuff into me!
Good luck, hope you come to some sort of compromise! Well done on your loss too!
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

So how's everybody doing, then, post salad season? I've lost 11lbs since Feb, but it's slooooooooowwww, even with the help of SW!

OH got a large quote for life insurance and was told it was the BMI that made it so expensive, so we may found our will-power reinforces a bit, cos I think that stung a bit.
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Ouch, that certainly is motivation! Well done on the 11lb loss. I have been putting on slowly - am about 4-5lb up. We decided to put the house on the market & move back up north to be near family. We sold within 4 days and it was all a bit hectic in the run up & during so food wasn't cooked from scratch much or healthy- the excuse was keeping the kitchen clean for photos & then viewings etc.

Have been up here for a week now and today was my first day back on plan for ages so hoping to start losing again!
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

Gosh, Jem - 4 days? What a whirlwind that must have been! You did well on just 4-5lb.

Are you settled in now? I'd imagine it'll feel good in all ways to get back into a routine.
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

We're pretty settled - feels like we've been here for ages! We still have boxes to unpack but I'm just taking my time so I don't burn out - I am learning to manage my fibromyalgia a bit better and listening to my body more, it gets done when it gets done! Food is not great but not all bad so will have to make a concerted effort to cut out the c**p!
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

Well done with the 11lbs Freeranger )t'
And well done Jem on not putting on 45st with all that stress )t' Stress is a real trigger for me (wish I could be the type who stops eating when stressed but I'm the opposite :oops: )

I have been totally off track since mid July. Felt very low and hit the cake/chocolate/pasta in an attempt to cheer myself up. Consequently have put on 7lbs over the summer. So today I went back to fat club, hoping I'll get my motivation back.

Onwards and upwards (or downwards with the weight!)
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Oh well done Freeranger - 11lbs this year? If you do that in 9 months, that's a stone a year! Jem, totally understand the weight gain, although it's not much! Can't believe you sold so fast!

I have been shameful! Not only did none of my holiday clothes fit me when I went to pack them, but when I went to wear a dress at the end of my holiday that did fit me, I couldn't get into it yike*

So back from Greece yesterday ( haven't weighed myself yet!) and must focus. I had put on over a stone before I went! I needed a few pounds on, but now I am looking just pudgy. Oh yes , and my new bikini bottoms snapped at the side as I was getting out of the pool - and fell off. {rofwl} Way too much moussaka {rofwl}
Helen xx

p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Well, I weighed myself on weds morning and had put on nearly half a stone over my two week holiday yike* I'm not at all surprised, as I ate everything and anything!

The good thing is that I seem to be losing a little bit of it every day since (rather like my suntan )gr: ) I am hoping to be back where I was by the end of October at the latest ....just in time for the Christmas overindulgences {rofwl}
Helen xx

jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Lucy, hope you are feeling brighter - once you set your mind to it the weight will fall off. You have done brilliantly so far so no reason why you can't get rid of the few pounds that have sneaked on!

Helen, glad you enjoyed your holiday - I reckon it's pretty standard to pile on the pounds, it shows how much you enjoyed it! Glad it's starting to come off it by bit!

I lost 2lb this week but weighed at gone midnight instead of the usual 5.30pm so not sure how accurate it is - we all know how stupid bodies can differ by pounds over a few hours! Time will tell but I'll take the loss!! Still up on where I was before the sale/move palalver but hoping to claw it back slowly!