Really want a fag right now

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
sazchops
Legendary Laner

Really want a fag right now

Post by sazchops »

I'm sure most of you didn't know I smoked.
And you'll all be shocked when you remember I've been in hospital.
( not proud and not looking for sympathy )
But it has been 3 weeks today, and I've had no help and can't mention it on FB as my family are on there. I gave up years ago and started haveing 1 or 2 at work last year.
I've had a very difficult few months for various reasons and a particuarly bad day and just want a fag. {cry}
Anyway, I thought it would be good if we had a thread where we can admit our faults and bad habbits and talk about them without judgement, but with lots of support.
Just realised,
That is what DTL is all about.
Sarah - slave to Cats Anthony, Elsa and Pippa, Chickens, Heidi, Fleur, Gabby and Marmite, R.I.P Cadbury
aceface
Legendary Laner

Re: Really want a fag right now

Post by aceface »

saz well done for 3 weeks with no cigarette ,clean out a drawer or do a cupboard out ,i was taught a great distraction technique to divert my thoughts from accident flashbacks that i suffered with i have a copy somewhere its so easy to do and it really works ,very discreet aswell ill find it out and pm you )t'

we all have our guilty pleasure and as you say its good we can support each other {hug}
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

Well done Saz )c(

You've pretty much done it now, it's all just in your head. And you KNOW that if you give in and have one (because you've had a bad day), you'll feel guilty and therefore your day will become worse )grin2(

I know it's not easy and we're all so proud of you {hug} {hug}

I've had THREE CKK's today :oops:
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
julieann
Legendary Laner

Post by julieann »

It is so difficult to give up smoking, please don't give up it is achievable and if you've done it for three weeks you CAN keep going >gl<

ps even if you slip and have one keep trying it doesn't matter!
Julie x
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Saz, well done for 3 weeks not smoking, just sending hugs {hug} {hug}
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

Well done Saz, sending you a hug too {hug}
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
fishpond
Legendary Laner

Post by fishpond »

Now that you don't stink of fags, I will send you a hug {hug} :-D
No problem can withstand the power of continuous thought.
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

I feel your pain, so many times did I stop smoking and then just have one because it wouldn't hurt... back to 20+ a day {cry} }hairout{

I go by the assumption that I am a nicotine addict so I don't risk just having one or a cigar (which I didn't smoke anyway) to celebrate. You are better off without nicotine in your life. Keep up the good work stopping (you are not giving anything up, just breaking an addiction). )t'
Bah Humbug
Knikitta
Longlasting Laner

Post by Knikitta »

I am now six years a non-smoker after a 40-a-day habit for almost twenty years.

If I can do it, anyone can! Keep trying hun and find some thing to keep your hands busy, bake some cakes, pick up a new hobby (crochet worked for me) or perhaps do some seed sowing?

Good Luck! )t'
I swear I'll have a permanent imprint of my palm over my face from reading forums.
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

First of all {hug} for your bad day.

Now, all things will pass. Except emphysema. My MIL died of it, and my Auntie too a few months ago - and she was still trying to give up the ciggies. I remember being gobsmacked in a local town seeing a lady with a nebuliser in one hand and a fag in the other, alternating the two.

Well done for being three weeks clean. You really don't need those things!
sazchops
Legendary Laner

Post by sazchops »

Thanks everyone {hug}
I'm feeling much better today.
3 weeks and 1 day :-D
Sarah - slave to Cats Anthony, Elsa and Pippa, Chickens, Heidi, Fleur, Gabby and Marmite, R.I.P Cadbury
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Keep it up Saz )t' I've had asthma since childhood but I smoked for 26 years :oops: :oops: I gave up 10 years ago, just stopped! no patches or gum etc. So If I can do it anyone can )t' Just wish it was as easy to give up fattening food {cry}
LYN
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Well done Saz, you're doing great! I'm another who knows just how hard it is to give up, especially when things aren't going so well but I also know how worthwhile it is sticking to your guns! Like Julieann says though, if a sly one slips through the net, it's not a failure, just a blip! I did what Knikitta did and cross stitched my way through it so my hands were kept busy. Good luck hun, you can do it & we're all here if you need a rant! {hug}
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Three weeks and a day, well done Saz )c( )c( {hug}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Mad Chick wrote:Well done Saz

You've pretty much done it now, it's all just in your head. And you KNOW that if you give in and have one (because you've had a bad day), you'll feel guilty and therefore your day will become worse )grin2(

I know it's not easy and we're all so proud of you {hug}

I've had THREE CKK's today :oops:

Well done LucyMC too )c( )c(
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.