10k Run at the weekend

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
fabindia
Legendary Laner

10k Run at the weekend

Post by fabindia »

My son, daughter-in-law and me are running at the weekend in a 'fun' run organised by our turtle protection charity.

It's going to be hot but it is an early start, 6:00 am, so should be a bit cooler. We have been training quite seriously and so I am confident I can last the distance. I am rather past it as a runner now but am hoping for a time of around 70 minutes.

Will let you know how we get on.
Michael
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Re: 10k Run at the weekend

Post by Gwenoakes »

Good luck and remember to drink plenty.
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Post by fabindia »

What an early start!

We were up at 3:45 and at the start for about 4:45 as our daughter-in-law's half marathon was off at 5:30. My son and me were only running the 10k, which was off at 6:00, while the sun was still not up.

We all did really well despite the heat, and in my case old age. I finished 352th out 832, I think all of whom would be younger than me, as there were only 26 over 60s in the race.

I was really impressed by how well organised the event was and everyone seemed to have a good time even though running in the heat is pretty tiring to say the least.
Michael
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Well done to all of you and especially you being an 'oldie' . )w( Please don't take that the wrong way. {hug}
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Re: 10k Run atWell done, that's a very good time. the weeke

Post by Meanqueen »

Well done, that's a very good time. )t'

ilona