A&E with Atrial Fib

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
albertajune
Legendary Laner

A&E with Atrial Fib

Post by albertajune »

I could have done without having to be in hospital just before Christmas but that's what happened.
Had an episode start on going to bed on Friday. Took all the flecainide allowed but still going very fast and irregular the next morning. Phoned 111 for advice about when to take more meds and how much but after questions they sent an ambulance. It was decided that I needed to go to A&E where I sat wired up to a heart moniter until it had been going for 14hrs. Was given tablets to slow the heart but at exactly the same as I swallowed them, it went back to normal. Trouble was that the tablets still had to work and my pulse and blood pressure went down to dangerously low. I ended up on the ward for heart patients where I stayed until yesterday evening. I basically had to sit being monitored until the dr-ugs had left my system.
Great to get home again and have a good nights sleep. Only worry now is that the other 5 ladies in the ward and the nurse on desk duty coughed all night, so fingers crossed I don't get it.
Anyway, an easy day today and then tomorrow do my shopping which I should have done by now. :-D
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Re: A&E with Atrial Fib

Post by Gwenoakes »

Aw, June so sorry you have been unwell and had to go to hospital. Is there no one else who could do your shopping for you? You really need to take care and rest. {hug}
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

Gwenoakes wrote:Aw, June so sorry you have been unwell and had to go to hospital. Is there no one else who could do your shopping for you? You really need to take care and rest. {hug}

I have a gp appointnent in the morning and will buy just for Christmas on the way home. My lovely sistervwho cared for Beau will take me. Xx
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
wendy

Post by wendy »

Oh Dear thats not good. Just what you Didn't want for Christmas.
Good to hear you are home and your sister will be there with you. )t'
I am visiting my sister in Frimley Hospital on Christmas day, Great joy.
But I couldn't let her be on her own.
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Glad you will have someone with you, June.
Is the sister in hospital, Wendy the one you were going to spend Christmas with? I hope she makes a good recover, give her a {hug&kiss} from me please.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Hi, June, just wondered how you were going, hopefully you will feel a lot better by now. {hug}
wendy

Post by wendy »

Gwenoakes wrote: Wendy the one you were going to spend Christmas with? I hope she makes a good recover, give her a {hug&kiss} from me please.

She is still there and has just moved wards. I have just spent 26 minutes trying to find her >coc<

I now have a matching pair. My other sister has just gone into Southampton Hospital to have a pace maker fitted.
I think these past 5 years have showed my heart is good. Because I am certain if it wasn't I would have had a heart attack by now. Each year just continues with one blow after another {cry}
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Blooming heck, Wendy I hope you are managing to cope, maybe that is the wrong word to use, but I guess you will know what I mean. {hug}
Sorry, June for going off topic.
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Oh June, only just seen your post. Been a bit crazy over the past few days. Hope you continue to go on all right.

Wendy, rotten about your sisters.

I wish you both a happier New Year. {hug} {hug}