New illnes......at my age!!!!!

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Dorrens daughter
Lively Laner

New illnes......at my age!!!!!

Post by Dorrens daughter »

For the whole of August, well from the second until now I've been suffering and I mean suffering from an awful illness that apparently is common in us pensioners shingles!!!!!!!!!!!
I've been so ill at one point I almost got Toy Boy husband to shave my head, because hair resting on my neck was so painful. I had/have a rash from the back of my left shoulder running from my neck to almost my breast bone.
I've learnt that when you reach seventy you can get an injection against it, I have a few years to go before then, meanwhile the spots have turned to blisters, the blisters have dried up and the resulting scabs have begun to drop off. I have head aches all the time and am tired out. This is the first week that I've actually moved out of the flat to go shopping but even that leaves me tired out.
At my age this just isn't fair.
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Re: New illnes......at my age!!!!!

Post by albertajune »

Shingles is dreadful and so painful. I had the shingles injection a few years ago thank goodness. I say thank goodness as chicken pox, which is the same virus is rampant this year. Parents are choosing not to have their young children vaccinated as was the norm a few years ago. Two of my gr-grandchildren have had it twice and been so poorly. The same goes for the MMR jab, measles in particular is becoming such a problem that some nurseries won't accept children that haven't been vaccinated.
I do hope you get better and more comfortable soon. {hug}
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

I just wanted to send you a gentle {hug}
I hope you begin to feel better soon.
Dorrens daughter
Lively Laner

Thank you Ladies you almost made me cry which face it at the moment isn't difficult because I feel so bad.
I truly cannot believe that parents whom most probably have benefitted from inoculations for common childhood illnesses choose on the say so of some "facebook" charlatan not to give the same free protection to their children. It defies belief, the child mortality rate from measles has gone through the roof worldwide, children whom have not been inoculated in Bulgaria are not allowed to go to school or other childcare facilities.
As for me well Toy Boy had to stay at his mothers due to his health issues, I had to make sure that both my grown up (inoculated) sons stayed away as I couldn't remember if they'd had chicken pox and my the partner of my eldest child works with children and young people. But I'm hopefully on the mend.
Thank you again
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

You poor thing. I know of three other people with shingles. A close friend has had it, and the pain has been horrendous.

I hope the pain starts to diminish. {hug}
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

{hug} I know it is nasty.
I accepted the jab when it was offered.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

I had shingles around my eye last year, but was very lucky as it was mild. I didn’t go to the doctor for a couple of weeks, so was too late for anti virals!
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

Get well soon {hug} {hug}
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi , get well soon , Not the end of the world , you will get better soon .
You always find reasons not to do things , But if you care for your loved ones , you would do what ever to protect them.
World travel means we need as much protection from illness as possible.
Bob
P S I bet you get well spoiled when you get better .
KathJ
Longlasting Laner

Post by KathJ »

Oh you poor thing. A few members of my family have had shingles so I know how ill it makes you {hug} My mums 75 and has had the jab but it doesn't stop you from getting shingles as she had it earlier this year but I think it was a milder form.
Kath xx

Mum to my beautiful girls Lucy, Holly, Rosie, Hettie, Polly, Ruby, Lily, Penny, Gracie, Maisie, Molly, Evie and my gorgeous boy Toby

RIP my beautiful Ranger, Roxy, Bluebelle, Poppy, Speckle, Daisy and Honey xxxx
Dorrens daughter
Lively Laner

Well I've almost recovered from shingles then last week I ended up in hospital with high blood pressure and stomach pains. the hospital was overwhelmed with patients and very, very understaffed after tests I was discharged after three days thankfully. Because there where no beds I spent the first couple of hours in a wheel chair on a corridor with a drip going into my arm. Long story short I've developed kidney stones again but my blood pressure is almost normal again. Not only am I not old enough to get a anti shingles injection I'm not able to have a flu jab until the scarring caused by the shingles has gone.
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

The shingles has taken a while to clear up. You really didn't need anything else. {hug}
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire