Cystitis!!

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Cystitis!!

Post by Gwenoakes »

I have been struck with the above again.
So.……..I am drinking strong coffee with teaspoons of bicarbonate of soda in it and it is YUK, YUK, YUK and YUK, but it does seem to be helping. I really dislike coffee, so combining it will bicarbonate of soda has really made my last few days, NOT.
I doubt I will be drinking any alcohol over the Xmas period as it always aggravates it, so water will be the order of the next few days.
I haven't even bothered to ring the doctors as I doubt they will have any appointments available, but will do after the holiday period if it has not completely gone.
I have had this problem all of my life, but really thought it had gone away...……but obviously not.
So, if anyone wants 'frothy coffee', just put some bicarbonate of soda in it, it is nice, honest. +pinn+
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Re: Cystitis!!

Post by albertajune »

Been doing the same thing Gwen. Started 4mths ago when bacteria found in urine sample. Still the same after anti biotics. Told to take bicarb, then given 3mths treatment of HRT which was inserted. After much pestering on my part another 2 more samples showed traces of blood. Now waiting for a bladder scan in early Jan. Altogerther saw or spoke to 5 GPs so feeling a bit let down that the scan wasn't done sooner as I still have the feeling of cystitis
Hope yours is OK and don 't put up with it for longer than necessary. I will be having my usual glass or two of wine. My excuse is it relaxes me which it does. )t'
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

I rang the doctors on the off chance that they could suggest something and they said to take a sample in with a list of my symptoms and what I had done to ease them.
I have also put on the list that I am allergic to penicillin and asprin just in case they prescribe some antibiotics.
I hope you get some answers in January June, cystitis is not a pleasant problem. Years ago I ended up with quite a severe kidney problem because the infection had tracked up to the kidney.
Take care. {hug&kiss}
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

What a fiasco...……….Terry took my wee sample and they gave him a paper prescription for a 14 day supply of antibiotics for me.
He took prescription into our local pharmacy in the village and came home with 5 capsules! I rang the doctors just to qualify if it was a 14 day supply to which they said yes, so rang the local pharmacy and they said that a mistake had been made because the person that served Terry was a locum, but we could go back today to pick up the remainder. I told them he would go back tomorrow.
I always thought that prescriptions were double checked before leaving the pharmacy...……..obviously not so.
There is no paperwork in the packet either to tell what to do if any side effects occur either.
wendy

Post by wendy »

I was plagued with it as well, until 5 years ago.
But I don't get it now.
The only thing that got rid of it was anti biotics I am agfaid. Bicarb etc will help the symptoms. But didn't get rid of it for me. I feel you pain
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Got the remainder of my capsules today along side a leaflet and further explanation of what happened, or didn't in this case as it came out that two people, one the dispenser and the one that checked it both made mistakes.
I was told they leave the half empty packets with the edges sticking out and apparently the locum had not been doing this, so whoever picked the packet up 'thought' it was a full packet.
There is no way I will be drinking anything alcoholic for the foreseeable future June. If I do that I know from past experience it will only get worse even with ab's.
I have one side effect, my wee is fluorescent yellow - such a lovely colour it is. LOL
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

It is miserable Gwen. I had it over Christmas and New Year a long time ago. I found that boiling and drinking the water from pearl barley helped me, but do hope yours clears up soon.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

I can actually say I am feeling a lot better than before, the antibiotics must be kicking in.
I am not going to drink any coffee with BC in it today just to see if I am OK. I have bought two bottles of cranberry juice, though looking on line it says there is no proof it works...…...but I like cranberry anyway so will be a nice change from the coffee thingy.
I have not tried the pearl barley thing, Spreckly but will remember it if it comes back, thanks for that.