Is anyone stocking up on necessities

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Re: Is anyone stocking up on necessities

Post by Gwenoakes »

We did just a minimum shop this week at Aldi and Tesco and got everything we wanted including some loo rolls, kitchen rolls, paracetamol, ibuprofen and the freezers in both places were packed quite full.
We did notice that there was only one washing up liquid in Aldi, but most things were still available.
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

You were lucky Gwen, I've just been in Aldi, Lidl and the Asda over the last few days and the shelves are stripped bare of loo rolls, most toiletries including baby products and all soap and handwash, most cleaning products, tinned tomatoes and veg, dried pasta, noodles, rices and packet pastas and for some reason biscuits in the asda. It is utterly crazy. I saw one man with 3 cases of long life milk in his trolley!
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Just had a thought, I went before the pandemic was announced and maybe that has made people panic buy more.
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

KarenE wrote:You were lucky Gwen, I've just been in Aldi, Lidl and the Asda over the last few days and the shelves are stripped bare of loo rolls, most toiletries including baby products and all soap and handwash, most cleaning products, tinned tomatoes and veg, dried pasta, noodles, rices and packet pastas and for some reason biscuits in the asda. It is utterly crazy. I saw one man with 3 cases of long life milk in his trolley!

I went to tesco today & also found hardly any baby milk & nappies left! No flour atall, plenty of bread but no wraps left. Strangely my friend went to Morrisons (same town) a few days ago & they had no shortages atall, even had loo roll & pasta.
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

I've only a two drawer and top sliding tray freezer but have managed meats (thin stuff!), chicken and vegetables for probably ten days.
In the Fridge I'm buying about 4 days worth at a time, all with long use by dates.
Plus a few cans of thick soup and cakes !

Wish I was down the Lane still I wouldn't worry at all but being in a Retirement Flat it's a lot harder.

We'll see if they shut us over 70's away for 4 months !!

Richard )t' )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

Just tried to order my main shop on line. Sainsbr cannot deliver any time next week as completely booked up. yike*
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
wendy

Post by wendy »

Yep.

I have 2 months worth of dog food. I can go hungry. But I can't let them go hungry

and 3 bottles of wine and a box of wine. If I run out I will have emergency supplies delivered.
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Post by lancashire lass »

wendy wrote:3 bottles of wine and a box of wine. If I run out I will have emergency supplies delivered

emergency supplies of wine? {rofwl}

wendy wrote:I have 2 months worth of dog food. I can go hungry. But I can't let them go hungry

yes, I thought about cat food and have to say I stocked up a lot more than I thought I had - I'd forgotten I'd already bought extra the week before so I've probably got about 2 months of cat food. I only got one bag of cat litter expecting to gradually not need any more once Lucas goes outside but after this weekend I might need to re-evaluate that one again ...
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi I am a hoarder .
I wanted to get 2 bread loaves yesterday to be told I could only have one .
I had to laugh the shop was shutting in about 20 minutes (24 hours super market ) .
Obviously they are selling more in 12 hours than they was in24 hours.
Bob
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Oh it is good to be back on the Lane!

Our local Tesco opens at 7am, and as I am normally awake at that time, I am hoping to be there then. I have two unopened bags of dog food, and one just started, as Angel was my first priority. So I am going to do my normal weekly shop, one day early, and hope that the things I need will be there.

It looks as if I will be at home at the weekend now for the forseeable future. I know they are saying no visitors for the over seventies, but I shall find it so very hard without my two younger sons visiting at weekends, even though it is just a couple of hours.
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

My daughter and grandson are out at the other side of the garden hedge with the ponies after school almost every day. So even if they don't come in I reckon I'm safe to go and say hello.
Should I put one of these outside my door? scroll down for picture.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

I know they are saying no visitors for the over seventies,

I hadn't seen that, Spreckly. I thought they said that visits would be OK as long as folk stayed either outdoors or a distance apart. But there's always telephone and perhaps Skype (or similar) if you can do it. Not the same, I know, but better than being completely away from all human contact.
I think you and Angel can both go out for walks too.